x

When I enter items into my desktop, they don't sync with my Square Register

Whenever I enter an item using the Square website, those items don't sync to my Square Register. I can't figure out why.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hi @ERSD,

I've seen this issue with our business too, but our iPad sometimes takes a bit of time to recognise the changes. Often just closing the app and reopening it fixes it, but not sure Square Register works like that given it's all integrated.

Have you tried turning it off for a few seconds and then booting it back up?

Is there any type of 'sync' or 'refresh' button in the Register's setting area? 

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square AppointmentsSquare POSSquare OnlineSquare ReaderSquare Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by AmakaPrintful / We have used Squarespace • Shopify • WooCommerce • QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products
Message 2 of 4

I figured it out. When entering the item on my PC, there are places for SKU and UPC. Square auto fills the SKU. I enter the UPC using my scanner, but when I go to the register and scan the item, it cannot be found. I went to enter the item into my register and it already exists, but with the auto filled SKU. I have to change the SKU to the UPC. Simply, I have to change the SKU to the UPC when using my PC.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@ERSD ;

The SKU and GTIN should both look up an item when scanned.  I noticed sometimes right after I enter an item on a Desktop or say Ipad #1, Ipad # 2 will not see the new item right away.   Without closing the app, I press the Hamburger menu at the bottom and the select Items.  Then after my items screen pops up it, I close it and go back to Checkout tab. This seems to refresh the system for that device to read the newly entered item(s).   This is usually faster than closing and reopening the Square App.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4