x

When an issue is refunded to a customer, why does it not deduct from the category totals for the day

I have seen similar questions on here, but not a clear answer to this.  To pull information from Square to record in my accounting software, we use the totals from the categories.  But if a refund has has been issued, the total in category sales does not match the Net sales for the day.  The refunded items are not deducted from the category sales.  Since we identify specifically what we are refunding when we issue a refund can Square net those amounts against the category sales so our report detail supports the actual activity of the day?  To date, the only way I can locate that adjustment is to pull refund reports and enter the refunds as a separate transaction in my accounting.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey there @CWCafe. Appreciate you taking the time to post here in the Seller Community.

It sounds like what you're saying is that your accounting software isn't pulling your refunds over in a way that makes much sense for you. When it comes to the way Square information is sent over to your accounting system, we unfortunately don't have any control over that integration. The integration is controlled by your accounting software's product team. 

It would definitely be worth reaching out to their Product team to give them this feedback. Sorry for any trouble this causes.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 2