x

When can P&C associations receive payments?

We have been waiting for months for the ability to receive payments. We are an incorporated P&C association and after setting up the account, discovered that Square can’t accept payments due to the status of our business registration.

we spoke to someone at square over a month ago and they promised that within 2 weeks we will be able to accept payments. Well it’s now over 4 weeks and still no progress. 

can anyone she’s any light as to when this issue will be resolved?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @dhspctreasurer,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear your organisation is having trouble signing up with Square! At the moment the ABNs we are able to onboard for payments are:

Individual/Sole Trader
Partnerships
Companies
Trusts

We're working on a system to onboard more ABN types in the future - many NFP, club and association based ABNs currently require additional regulatory checks and paperwork that our onboarding process is unfortunately not able to accommodate at the moment. We plan to launch support for the following ABNs as soon as we can:

Other Incorporated Entity
Other Unincorporated Entity

We do not currently have a set ETA on when this will be available - if you can PM me any more about being told this will be ready by a certain date I will follow this up with our support team.  We are hoping to launch payments support for these ABNs in the first half of 2021, however we do not have a set time frame. Sorry I can't be of more help here for now!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2