x

When is Installments coming back?

When can we expect Installments to return? I have customers that I know would benefit. Thank you.

Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @Questions1 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome! We are happy to have you join us. 

We don't have a shareable or exact timeline to offer just yet in regards to when Square Installments will be back and available for use. Rest assured, we will vocalize heavily with service-wide announcements as soon as it is actively restarted!

Thanks so much for your patience. Feel free to reach out with any clarifying questions! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Best Answer

Hi there, @Questions1 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome! We are happy to have you join us. 

We don't have a shareable or exact timeline to offer just yet in regards to when Square Installments will be back and available for use. Rest assured, we will vocalize heavily with service-wide announcements as soon as it is actively restarted!

Thanks so much for your patience. Feel free to reach out with any clarifying questions! 

Joe
Message 2 of 27
Beta Member

So what joe is staying is square has no interest in helping small businesses survive this. Everything is mysterious with square not receiving a square capital loan was mu last straw.  NO support.

Message 3 of 27
Beta Member

Are there any plans to bring back Square Installments in 2021? I have lost clients because of the program being discontinued last year. My customers need this option. 

Message 4 of 27

Hi there, @stacieb - thanks for reaching out here and checking in on the return of Square Installments.

We don't have any news to share on this front just yet, but we are tracking Sellers who are curious about their return here on this similar thread. As soon as we have more solidified info for everyone in regards to timeline for return, we will bounce back there and update accordingly.

Cheers!

Joe
Message 5 of 27
Beta Member

It’s been 2 years and you’re hurting businesses !

Message 6 of 27

Any news on this? Square Installments was an easy financing option for my clients.

Message 7 of 27

is Square installments still available, I had a few clients over the past few day that have attempted to log in and can't get in to apply.  just want to know if I have to take that option away 

Thanks

Message 8 of 27

Hey @dgomgr,

I moved your post to an existing post that addresses this.

Check out @Joe_'s answer above. 

Ashley C
Message 9 of 27

How to set up installments on square 

Message 10 of 27

Hey @Pessmaster57,

I moved your post to an existing thread that addresses this.

Ashley C
Message 11 of 27
Beta Member

Would be very nice to be able to offer customer financing.

Message 12 of 27

Hello,

I haven't been able to find much information since they paused the square installments for customers on if they'll be bringing it back in the future or permanently putting an end to it? At the time it said temporary but with no update I'm wondering if it's permanent?

It was a great resource and I'd hate to use something else for that service. Does anyone have a link to any updates about this?

Thanks in advance!

Message 13 of 27

Hi @ManhatttanTattoo and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 14 of 27
Beta Member

Is there an update on this? Square is falling behind all of your competitors by not offering a customer financing solution. If you are not planning on bringing back Square Installments then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow for integration with Affirm or some other provider. 

Message 15 of 27

Yes!! My thoughts and request as well!!

Message 16 of 27
Beta Member

Exactly! 

Message 17 of 27

I constantly have customers asking about installments.  

I have been debating on going to Shopify where I can pay a similar price and have the ability to have installments available to my customers.  

Message 18 of 27
Beta Member

I moved my store to BigCommerce. $30/month and I'm able to offer financing (Affirm, AfterPay, Etc.), PLUS get real-time shipping quotes, and still offer in-store pick-up.... Square will continue to lose people to other providers if they don't figure this out. 

Message 19 of 27

I received an email telling me I can send marketing to my customers about square installments. I did and now my clients click on and it says the option is not available to fill out application. Can you explain. Thanks

Message 20 of 27
Beta Member

Do we know if this is coming back?

Message 21 of 27