x

When is Installments coming back?

When can we expect Installments to return? I have customers that I know would benefit. Thank you.

Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @Questions1 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome! We are happy to have you join us. 

We don't have a shareable or exact timeline to offer just yet in regards to when Square Installments will be back and available for use. Rest assured, we will vocalize heavily with service-wide announcements as soon as it is actively restarted!

Thanks so much for your patience. Feel free to reach out with any clarifying questions! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Helllo @Braddy105,

Good to see you posting in the Seller Community again, welcome! 😊

Currently the program that once allowed Square installment loans as an option your customers is currently paused. We do not have a timeframe as to when this will return. 

I will go ahead and move your thread to a similar post so that you can receive any notifications regarding changes to this. Check out @Joe's answer to this too!

I do see the value in offering this payment option as a Merchant, so hopefully this is something Square will consider bringing back soon.

I look forward to reading your thoughts and reply.😊

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 27

This is disappointing and may force the hand of many sellers in the 4q 2021 to move to a payment processing solution with installment flexibility.  It is a frequently requested customer service that continues to rapidly grow in popularity and frankly currently reduces my customer average sale by +50%!  Without insight into squares strategy and timing to offer this as an option for sellers the choice to move to a square competitor may have to be made. I would be sad to leave, but I am leaving a lot of money on the table.  Thanks

Message 23 of 27

It’s now 2022. Any update on installments coming back so that we are following the technology of successful business performances of the technology boom? Seems like such a missed opportunity for everyone involved. 

Message 24 of 27

I agree...tick tock. 🙄

Message 25 of 27

Hi, it's summer 2022 now. Has Square Installments come back yet? 

Message 26 of 27

Hi @riselean,

Thanks for checking in with this feature request. While Square Installments aren't a feature for Square Point of Sale anymore, you can offer Afterpay or schedule multiple payments on an Invoice. Let us know if these options could be a workaround for your business! 

Message 27 of 27