x

When setting up recurring payments, is the end date the last payment of that series?

So I am trying to set up a recurring payment series.  I want first payment in June, second in July and third/final in August.  When I look at my recurring invoices - it only shows June and July, is the final payment in August??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @MBCookies! You can actually change the settings of a recurring Invoice so that a specific number of Invoices are sent.

In the screenshot below an invoice will be sent every month, and the series will end after 3 invoices are sent.

To do this, when you first create the series click On Date and select After from the dropdown list. You can then enter the number of Invoices you want to send in the # of Invoices field.

I hope this is helpful but if you have any questions please let me know!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

@Helen I updated my invoice as shown in your example. When I go to invoices it shows recurring but it only has yesterday’s date (first charge) and 7/20 but it doesn’t show my last recurring charge for 8/20

Mary Beth

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi again @MBCookies!

Immediately after you set up a series you'll only see the first invoice that has been sent and the next one in the series. It won't show a list of all pending invoices. (Though I agree that would be very useful!)

So in your case you'll see the Invoice you sent in June, and the next one scheduled for July. Your third and final Invoice will be sent in August (you'll see that invoice appear after the July one is sent), if you've set it to end after 3 Invoices or set it to end on a specific date in August.

This screenshot is a series of three that I created today, and will end in August:  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4