x

When will I receive my card reader

I signed up for the chip reader bundle last night. I'm wondering how long it actually took get get the product. Can anyone help me out with this?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 21
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I don't know exactly but should be less than 2 weeks with order processing and shipping and the holiday. 

You will get an email when it ships with a tracking number. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Super Seller

Best Answer

I don't know exactly but should be less than 2 weeks with order processing and shipping and the holiday. 

You will get an email when it ships with a tracking number. 

Message 2 of 21
Square

@VanKalkerFarms - You're on point with this one.

@I143kris - Once your order ships out, you'll receive a detailed emailed with more information. It doesn't normally take more than week. 😀

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 21

I signed up a month ago, and I still don't have the card reader yet. 

Message 4 of 21

I also signed up over a month ago and still haven't received a reader, even though my email said it would arrive in 7 days.

Message 5 of 21
Super Seller

Message 6 of 21

I ordered my square a month ago and still do not have it.  my tracking page says it shipped to NC and has remained there since 9/10/16...not sure why it has not come to me and I can't get a working number to contact someone for help... I know it's a free device, but geesh... kind of a hassle...any advise??

Message 7 of 21

I am on my Third request for a Reader... First 2 have been stuck in Kentucky.  At this point I feel that this may be on purpose so that I utilize my phone for payments thus paying an extra fee for doing so.  I have seen too where you can get reimbursed if you purchase a reader from a local store, but am unable to find out how to get that refund.  

Message 8 of 21
Super Seller

Stores that carry the magstripe reader can be found here.

https://squareup.com/retail

there will be a redemtion code in the magstripe reader you purchase.  enter it in the following link and Square will reimburse you $10 one time.

https://squareup.com/redeem

Message 9 of 21

Orionsgirl33, I'm starting to think the same thing.  I am trying to get a basic square reader. My first order, on September 13, was shipped to Raleigh on September 17 and never went on from there. My second order, on October 10, went to Raleigh on October 15, and never went on from there.

I've submitted a request for help:  how can I get a reader sent from the black hole of Raleigh to me?

Message 10 of 21
Square

@DD701 - Sorry to hear about the trouble! We definitely want your reader to make it to you! Have you thought about shipping it to an alternate address or picking one up from a retail partner?

Sean
he/him/his
Message 11 of 21

Thanks for the reply, Sean, but you'll have to explain why I would think about having it sent to an alternate address.  According to the tracking information, the two readers I ordered were both sent to Raleigh, which is 700 miles away from me, and never left there.  They didn't even make it to my state, three states away.  How would my local address make a difference?  That's very confusing. 

Message 12 of 21
Square

@DD701 - Please disregard the tracking information that you found, it is not accurate. Square uses a combination of DHL and USPS to deliver our readers. The Raleigh destination most likely represents the delivery of the readers between those two providers, as tracking ends once it arrives at USPS. Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 13 of 21

I know this is from years ago but the exact same thing is happening. I ordered my reader a month or so ago and tracking has it sitting somewhere for a long time. I hope I receive a reader soon.

Message 14 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Njr2881,

We see its your first time posting in the Seller Community, welcome! 😊

Ordinarily from the time you order it can take between 2-3 weeks excluding weekends and holidays. The readers are picked up from our facility via DHL, then transferred to the postal service. 

If it  has been longer than this timeframe, we encourage you to call into our Customer Success team so that they can see what occurred, and possibly have another reader sent out to you.

If you have any follow up questions, I'm happy to answer them. 😁 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 21

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "I have not received the square Please advise." The author has been notified via email.

Have not received my ‘square’.  Please advise

Message 16 of 21

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "I have not received the square Please advise." The author has been notified via email.

please advise when will get the square

Message 17 of 21

I ordered reader in July and still have not gotten it. I called DHL and they said they face to USPS. Call USPS and they say the tracking number I have is not valid.  Can someone help???

Message 18 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Clazz -

Sorry to hear you haven't received your free reader yet. I would like to help get this resolved for you, so I am going to send you a private message to gather some more details. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 19 of 21

I ordered my reader back in August and still have not received it yet

Message 20 of 21
Alumni

Oh no!

If you placed an order for a free reader, you would have received an order confirmation email, @Barbfaul58.

Have you looked for that yet? It includes tracking information!

If it appears stuck, our phone or email team would be able to help you order another.

If you don't see that email, you can order your reader here, or grab one in a store near you and use the code included with the reader to be credited for the $10 purchase.

Please let us know if questions come up, and welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 21 of 21