x

Feature Request: Multilingual / multiple languages for Square Online sites

Feature Request: Multilingual / multiple languages for Square Online sites

Hi,

Does Square support to build a multilingual online store?

Thanks.

30 Comments

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Multi-Language support for the Weebly Online store]

I want to use the multi-language app that Weebly offers. Will Square allow this app to be used?

Alumni

Hello @MuseBelts,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. 

We currently do not have a timeline on the integration between Square and the Weebly multi-language app. We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

I hope they put this option on the front burner for making a decision. Your competitor offers this for free. And I suspect other Weebly/Square website owners would find this app valuable in bringing in much more sales.

I have traffic to my website from locations around the world. I have clients in 39 countries. I would like the option to have my website in multiple languages. Having this option available is extremely valuable. When will Square offer this? Square bought Weebly and the Weebly offers this option but Square will not allow the use of this option. What will be done? I really hate to migrate to another platform.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @MuseBelts,

I don't have a date I can give you if and when this is going to become available but I checked in with the Weebly team and they confirmed it's something they don't offer but hope to in future improvements.

I passed the suggestion along for you so they're aware!

Thank you for your replay.

Just a little note. Weebly's(Square) competitor offers the multi-language option readily available and for FREE.

For any business that has an international clientele, having a multi-language site is very important.

Another tip, if Weebly has an app store full of unusable apps why not remove them from the Weebly site. it is disheartening to use Weebly and discover most, if not all of the apps cannot be used.

Just a friendly tip.

Beta Member

@ashc

We're a shaved ice business with a diverse customer base. We're losing orders because we don't have an online store in Spanish. Square is losing out on revenue because of this. One more voice for multiple language support on the Weebly platform.

Suggestions for workarounds welcome. 🙂

Hey @Snow,

I don't have a workaround to offer since the feature just isn't available yet.

Really sorry I don't have a better answer for this. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but Square bought Weebly. Weebly carries a multi-language plugin in its App Store. Weebly allowed the use of that App before Square bought them. I have contacted the app developer already. How complicated is it to allow the use of that very app on our web page. In fact, most of the Apps, if not all of them, in the App store do not function. I don't get it. I have also contacted support by email about this and other issues and they do not reply. Weebly isn't exactly winning my affections not at least answer tech support-related emails.

Hi @Snow - I can step in for Ashley on this one. We can't speak directly to the engineering process of adapting a app widget to be used directly on your own site. What I do know is that we field thousands of feature requests each week here on the Seller Community, and bringing these features to fruition often takes an ample amount of time and effort from our engineers.

The same applies to our Support Team. It may take some time as we work through our volume of cases, but you can insure that we will reply to you soon. We appreciate your patience. For expedited Online Store support, I recommend reaching out to our Square Support Team by phone directly.