x

Is this available in mexico?

I downloaded the app on my aunts phone and made an account but did not ask me what i was using it for or to send me a card reader?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Super Seller

Square is not available for Credit Card processing in Mexico.  You can use the Square POS app to handle cash and checks and processing by a third party credit card processor that is in your country where you are doing business.

Message 2 of 16

When will it be available full system in Mexico?

Message 3 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi @FSarq! Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to a relevant thread in the Community about Square being unavailable in Mexico at this time.

I don't have a timeline on when it's going to be available, but keep an eye out here on the Community or on our News page for updates.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 16

is square up right for me?
Message 5 of 16

Hi @betancourt35 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread in the Community around Square not being available in Mexico yet.

Keep an eye out on our News Site for updates as we're always trying to make more markets available.

Ashley C
Message 6 of 16

Hi, we've been running a business for over a year now in Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico, we have many American customers in this region (even more in nearby Playa del Carmen and Cancun). We would like to use square POS at of our locations, but understand it is not available yet. When will it be available in Mexico and what is needed to get it here? We'd gladly be the guinea-pig business to test it out here. 

Message 7 of 16
Alumni

I don't have a definitive date for you but we'll announce when Square expands card acceptance to other international markets here in the Community and squareup.com/news.

@Liefs

Justin
Message 8 of 16

may I change the language of the system to Spanish?

Message 9 of 16

Hello @danielcuerda

Welcome to our Seller Community! 

Square is not available in Mexico at this time. You can use the Square app to manage your business with limited access. Find more details related to our International Availability here. 

When it comes to using the Square app in Spanish, the best way is to set your mobile settings to Spanish. Feel free to take a look at our Square's Language Options here.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 16

Hi 
How about if creating a estore website on squareup.com free account, will the customers in Mexico who have ApplePay and GooglePay enabled onn their phones be able to easily pay with Apple pay and Google Pay on my estore website made with squareup.com  ? 
 If yes,  how to set this up  ? Is it a paid feature ?

Message 11 of 16

I'm referring to online payments from customers with GooglePay and ApplePay   and not to contactless NFC payment 

Message 12 of 16

Hey there, @aldo1

Is your business based in Mexico? 

Right now, any type of payment would not be able to be process payments if the account is in Mexico. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kassi
Message 13 of 16

yes, in Mexico

I imagined that at least Apple Pay and GooglePay  would work for online payments as I thought taht, for the cse square says it aceepts ApplePay and GooglePay, that the only other condition would be the seller and  the customer to have ApplePay/GooglePay accounts

So you're saying that processing payments doesn't  work neither with ApplePay and GooglePay ?

Message 14 of 16

Correct @aldo1. At this time, Square isn't able to process payments in Mexico. You can learn more about our international availability here.

JJ
Message 15 of 16

Anyone from square here ?

Message 16 of 16