x
Beta Member

Where can we ask questions and discuss features regarding Square Business Banking accounts?

I signed up for a Square business checking account this morning, after receiving an email announcement. I have a number of questions, though, and find very few details on the Square website. Where is the appropriate place to ask questions about it?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi there @glyph, welcome back to the Seller Community.

As it stands I don't believe there is a Seller Community board for discussions on this topic, however, I see no problem with you asking questions on the board you have posted this question on, it will show in the feed as usual and will enable users an opportunity to offer answers to any questions you have.

Please remember that most user specific questions are not able to be answered on the Seller Community, for anything account specific please visit squareup.com/code to get in contact with a square representative over the phone or by email! 

@Helen a board for this topic may be something the Seller Community team want to consider adding for users with questions on the subject!

If this reply has helped significantly to answer your initial question, please select Mark As Best Answer, this helps future users with similar questions to find the answers they're looking for!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi there @glyph, welcome back to the Seller Community.

As it stands I don't believe there is a Seller Community board for discussions on this topic, however, I see no problem with you asking questions on the board you have posted this question on, it will show in the feed as usual and will enable users an opportunity to offer answers to any questions you have.

Please remember that most user specific questions are not able to be answered on the Seller Community, for anything account specific please visit squareup.com/code to get in contact with a square representative over the phone or by email! 

@Helen a board for this topic may be something the Seller Community team want to consider adding for users with questions on the subject!

If this reply has helped significantly to answer your initial question, please select Mark As Best Answer, this helps future users with similar questions to find the answers they're looking for!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

OK, here are some questions to get me started:

There is mention on the Square site about being able to use routing and account numbers to pay bills. Can this include having checks printed to pay individuals (in my case, commission payments to artist in my gallery)? If so, how do I find even the most basic info about the checking account I opened, such as my routing and account #?

It does not appear as if there is a separate mobile app for Square banking. Is one on the roadmap, including the ability to deposit checks with mobile devices (or even some other way)?

Can my Square checking or savings account by synced with QuickBooks, either by first or third party methods?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Heya @glyph,

For viewing Account/Routing numbers you can do so here:

Within the Point of Sale app:

1. Go to Square Checking balance > Account Details.

2. Scroll down to see your account and routing numbers.

From the Square online Dashboard:

1. Go to Balance, and select a location under Locations.

2. Click the gear icon, then select Transfer settings.

3. Click View account & routing number. You’ll be prompted to provide a verification code that was sent to the email address associated with your Square account.

4. Once you provide the code, select Next. Your account and routing numbers will be visible, and you can copy your account details onto your device.

You're correct about there not being a separate app yet. I can't say whether it's on the roadmap or not but I assume it will be.

Quickbooks would also be a feature request right now. This is brand new so there's still a lot of time for things to be added and I would just keep a look out!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Is it possible to use a Square "checking" account to write checks? I'd like to print checks with my routing and account number and use the account as a normal checking account, if possible. I'd also like to be able to accept checks and deposit them with Square, if I'm going to use this as a bank account and not just a conduit for funds between my business and traditional bank.

Message 5 of 7

They do have a mobile check deposit for checks you collect from customers, but it doesn't use check amounts in reports.. it adds funds to your bank account, but won't reflect on monthly or year to date totals.. sucks.... As for printing your own checks and using the routing and account numbers, I'm waiting for same answer. They seem to not answer this.. has anyone tried it? Lol . 

Message 6 of 7

I have actually used my square checking account and routing number to make online ach payments with success.  I would imagine you could use your account and routing numbers on checks as well.   I havent tried or had the need for paper checks but since Obviously they do not offer paper checks, if one were to order checks through one of the traditional check printing companies they shouldnt have any issues. That being said…. It takes sooooo long for a mobile check deposit to post, it would be even more nerve racking with a paper check transaction running the risk of posting before a deposit did! 😂

Message 7 of 7