x

Where's my double zeros?

We have a small retail store that sells a lot of knickknacks and one of a kind stuff. That leads us to ringing up items just using the keypad. Square's updated interface has gotten rid of the double zero's on the normal keypad. We have reverted to the old view, but its glitchy and doesn't open the cash drawer correctly. The cash drawer is also another issue that I've found other businesses using square near me have as well even using the new interface and the square register, (not the Ipad).  Just ranting. I like having all of my store's numbers at my fingertips, but I also miss the days of the manual cash register and the separate cc processor. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@Buddhasandbeads You could always set up items as One Dollar 1.00, Two 2.00, Three 3.00 and so on so forth so that you just hit the button and have it automatically added to the check.  This would in fact be faster than hitting say 2 and then 00 and then +.  The only switching would be between the keypad and the shortcut screen with the quick keys.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Buddhasandbeads,

Oh no! Sorry the new update has not been working out for you. 

In order to make things run smoother, are you able to actually setup items as @Donnie-M pointed mentioned above. 

Also what seems to be going on with the cash drawer on the new register?

I am happy to help, whenever you have a moment if you can reply back. 

Message 3 of 3