x

Which barcode scanners are compatible with the Square Stand?

Which Barcode Scanners work with the ipad air 2 and square stand? I'm on amazon looking at them, but not sure what is compatible? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer
Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Super Seller

Best Answer

From https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5508-recommended-hardware-for-square-stand

USB bar code scanners:

Honeywell 1300G

Honeywell Xenon 1900

Honeywell Voyager 1200G

Honeywell Voyager 1250G

Symbol LS2208

Symbol DS6707

You can also review Hardware Compatibility By Device. 

Message 2 of 24

What kind of cable connection do I need???? I can nicely connect the scanner and an external keyboard both via USB port attached to a Y-split cable to be able to charge and power all three devices and make it working nicely together. But the tablet, the heart of this setup, does not charge any more when this Y-cable is connected in between - with or without USB connected scanner and keyboard. I tried a more powerful charger than the original charger - no success. Do I need a certain Y-cable? Or how do you use a scanner (plus ideally an external keyboard) AND charge the tablet? Thanks for answering!
Message 3 of 24
Square

Good question, @Freya3

You will need a Square Stand to in order to use a wired (USB) barcode scanner with an iPad - the Stand will power both the iPad and the scanner. The Bluetooth scanners (Symbol models, above) can be paired to the iPad with or without a Stand. 

Hope that helps clarify. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 4 of 24

Thanks, Spenser, but sorry I did not mention I do use Android Samsung Galaxy Tablets for my cashier

Message 5 of 24
Square

Got it. In that case, barcode scanners can be connected to your Android device via a USB OTG (On-The-Go) adaptor. Check out the full list of supported Android devices here.

Message 6 of 24

Sorry. Spenser, the problem IS the OTG adapter - there is none so far which does charge and operate all devices. I can operate scanner (out of that list) and a keyboard nicely with those OTG Adapters I had tried, but the tablet does not charge. Which OTG adapter does the job with my Samsung tablets and does charge? I have three of them: SM-T530, SM-T 550, SM-T 580

Message 7 of 24
Square

Hmmm, I'm unfamiliar with any OSB cords that will allow you to charge and connect hardware unfortunately. While there may be a way to do this, it isn't something we've tested and can vouch for unfortunately.

Hopefully other sellers chime in with examples of this, otherwise let us know what you find. 

Message 8 of 24

Looking at the feedback on Amazon most users say all of these scanners are NOT compatible with any Android operating system.  Not sure if you are a square employee but if so someone may want to take another look. 

Message 9 of 24
Square

The scanners on the supported hardware for Android list, @ErinBLV?

Message 10 of 24

Are you able to scan items with the USB scanner and your Mac? Or do you have to have an iPad and the Square Stand?

Message 11 of 24
Admin

Hey @brandym, thanks for checking in. At this time the ability to scan and sell items using the USB scanner with a Mac is not available—you'll have to be set up with Square Stand and an iPad. Keep an eye on this article for supported hardware: Recommended Hardware for Square Stand. Hope this helps make things more clear.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 12 of 24

What if I am connected with a PC? I have a scanner but not sure how to use it with Square + PC

Message 13 of 24
Square

While we offer a Virtual Terminal, there is not a way to use Square on a PC with a barcode scanner, @miraida.

Message 14 of 24

Thanks.

Message 15 of 24

I purchased a Honeywell Hyperion 1300G USB Barcode scanner and when I attempt to configure settings on my Square POS, it says it’s not compatible?

Message 16 of 24
Admin

@E1jnky I'm sorry for the frustration! That USB barcode scanner can only be used with Square Stand. To use a barcode scanner with an iPad (without the Stand) you'll need to connect it to your iPad over bluetooth using the Socket Mobile 7Ci.

Of course if do you have a Square Stand and you're still seeing this error message these troubleshooting steps should help! 

Hope this helps clarify but if you're still having trouble let me know what device you're using or call our CS team so we can troubleshoot with you! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 17 of 24

I purchased a Honeywell Hyperion 1300G USB Barcode scanner and when I attempt to configure settings on my Square POS, it says it’s not compatible?

Message 18 of 24

Please check below device

It is make split barcode scan data to different PC

https://youtu.be/efs6DaTFLto

Message 19 of 24
Beta Member

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if some people are using handfree bar code scanner? I can't see one in the hardware compatibility of square.

I would love to try Honeywell Genesis MS7580, but since i already bought an other brand usb scanner and it didn't work, i'm scared to do the error again....

I'm using an hold 1D barcode honeywell scanner that is not listed, and it work. Do all Honeywell works then?

Can you share me what you are using?

Thank you!

Message 20 of 24
Alumni

Hey @SamuelDesgagne1 I moved you to a thread that discusses compatible barcode scanners. Feel free to tag them so they can chime in 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 24