x

Using Square with Current Wordpress Site

We were wondering if there was any way that Square could be integrated with our current wordpress site.

The reasons we do not want to use the square website are that it does not seem like you can edit HTML on the square store, so we cannot implement tracking tools such as google analytics, facebook pixels, etc.

We tried using 3rd party systems to implement woocommerce on our wordpress site with square but none of them work properly. 

Do you have any suggestions to make our life easier? We will be opening a big store both online and on site in 6 days. We do not want to have to run two different POS systems. We also take appointments at the studio so it would be nice to have the appointmets integrated into the site as well. 

Thank you for your time. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best, 

Message 1 of 54
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Apologies I didn't see your post sooner @onfleekstudio, but I do have some good news for you:

We now integrate with Woocommerce! 

Check out our Town Square Blog post for more information about the integration. If it sounds like a good solution for you, you can get started from your Apps page in the Dashboard.

Hope that helps!

View Best Answer >

Message 16 of 54

Best Answer

@60W18A  / @joscielu - This is years late but I just experienced the same issue as you with the embed code taking over the Elementor editor. I figured out a solution on my own. Hopefully, this fix will work for anyone else who runs into this problem in the future.

1) Use the Firefox browser to log in to your WordPress website, then edit your desired page via the Elementor editor.

2) Once in the Elementor editor, quickly right-click the page and select 'Navigator' from Elementor's tool pop-up. You must do this quickly otherwise the embedded code/element will take over the page.

3) Use the Navigator to select and delete the section that has the embed code. Make sure to Update/Save the page, then refresh. You should now be able to view and edit your page correctly in Elementor.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Thanks for the prompt reply Chad. It is just too dead simple to use the PayPal plugin. I can't justify the cost and time BUT if you ever produce an equivalent means to monetize the websites, I will change immediately.

Message 22 of 54

No one wants to pay a mafia-style subscription business model fee to woocommerce to use Square. Make a plugin and go around woocommerce. EVERYONE would use you on wordpress instantly. Seriously, who at Square has their head up their ***? Did you guys have a meeting titled 'What can we do to NOT grow Square as a business?'?

Message 23 of 54

Hello @dckeesling, welcome to the Seller Community. 

We appreciate the feedback around E-commerce Integrations, but I am going to have to ask you to keep the language clean while you're posting in the Seller Community. I see that you just signed up for the Seller Community, so if you haven't had a chance yet I recommend reviewing the Community Etiquette Guidelines

If you continue to violate the guidelines I will have to limit your ability to comment on the community. If you have any questions or need help please let me know! 

Message 24 of 54

What I really want is a free shopping cart, with standard square pricing, so no paid woo commerce, etc.  Something as easy to set up as PayPal buttons but with a "pay what you want" option.  I also would like to be able to sent an automatic email after people "pay what they want" with a link and password or even a download link.

I've been using square for in-person sales for a few years now and I really like it. 

Message 25 of 54

It's kind of crazy that Square up doesn't have something similar to paypal buttons that can be embedded. I too am seeking something similar and it is quite a let down that it is not available and almost makes me want to switch my processing provider.

Message 26 of 54
Square

Hi @Dami83. I've definitely heard this request for a generic payment link that's already pre-built. Having said that, we do offer an eCommerce API that can be connect to a person's custom site. It would require a bit of programming. Having said that, what website provider do you use? We already have a ton of off the shelf integrations with these eCommerce partners

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 27 of 54

I am using wordpress, but I NEED embedd buttons similar to paypal. It is a must at this point.

Message 28 of 54

I'm in the process of updating my website and also using wordpress ! and in need of a simple way people can visit my website and pay me for work done using an empty cart/ button ..... I'm using paypal at the moment AND I HATE THEM !!!  WELL OVER PRICED AND HAVE had too much share of the market for far too long ! but I've had little choice. 

Though this is for a different business I have used Square for a restaurant and love the modern look and simplicity and fair pricing.

Much as I love em, Square is not quite meeting the demands with so many different business types but the potential is hugh.

Message 29 of 54

I would like to add my "vote" for Square to provide "buttons" that can be created on your site that generate HTML code that can be dropped into any website. This is a great feature of Paypal.

I have a site where I want to add some online purchase options, but I also manage a local PTA website where they do large fundraisers. Currently we are using PayPal for that only because Square doesn't offer such an easy to use link. Once Square can offer a similar feature, we will move the PTA account over.

I'll be watching this thread for updates and hope to switch over soon.

Message 30 of 54

I agree, with no WordPress plug in (Not Woocommerce), this is pretty much useless to me. While I would very much like the in-person ability of Square I think I'll have to use Stripe payments until Squre can get a simple wordpress button.

Message 31 of 54

Wow! It's now 2018 & crazy to see all of these older posts all asking for the same thing that just brought me to this thread;  A dedicted square wordpress plugin (Not woocommerce). I just want to add a simple square shopping page to my site, a plugin would be so easy and useful. Its kind of insane how many people use wordpress, and then how many of those use square, and we love square!? How is there not a plugin already!? Get on it! If there were a square plugin ... you guys would kill it!? Think of how many new people would switch over from whatever commerce they are using when the hear about how easy it is to manage their site shop and how its integrates w/ their brick and mortar shop. That's a lot of $$$ that you guys are missing out on. I hope whoever is in charge over ther is paying attention to this thread. I bet if you introduced a wordpress plugin you would grow 25% easily ... anyway, here is to wishful thinking! 😞

Message 32 of 54
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts around this @notintocoding

We appreciate the enthusiasm you have around Square and a potential integration with Wordpress.

While there's nothing new to report on this, hopefully our Partnerships and Integrations team can reprioritize this in the future and bring it to life sooner rather than later. 

Keep an eye out for updates and thanks for being patient with us 👍🏼

Message 33 of 54
Alumni

Hi Sellers - Wanted to provide you an update on Square + WooCommerce's integration. It was just announced that the integration is free. 

Hope this is helpful news and please let us know if you have any quesitions.

Message 34 of 54

The issue is that woocomernce does not allow for an empty shopping cart, to take payments. I offer a service that has different deposit amounts and payment amounts. Why is there nothing that will allow customers to make payments like PayPal does. This is very inconvient. 

Message 35 of 54

There are actually a lot of WooCommerce extensions that add support for deposits and custom payment amounts. Here are a few:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/yith-woocommerce-deposits-and-down-payments/

https://woocommerce.com/products/name-your-price/

https://booster.io/features/woocommerce-product-open-pricing-name-your-price/

Also, if you depend on certain payment features that PayPal offers you can use their payment gateway (or Square's, or Stripe's, etc.) with WooCommerce.

Message 36 of 54

But that is not a solution because you have to pay a huge fee just to use it rather than with regular Square or PayPal where you only pay when someone pays you.  That is the whole problem with WooCommerce and I heard the free version is not great and I need to have people name their price.

There just needs to be Square buttons like PayPal buttons, I would ditch PayPal as soon as that happens or at least have a Square option.  i think Square is missing the boat completely by not giving us easy to use buttons without having to use WooCommerce and other plugins.

Message 37 of 54

WordPress and WooCommerce are both free; you just need to pay for a hosting account (and perhaps a domain name and an SSL certificate if your host doesn't offer them for free).

The plugin to sync inventory and prices between WooCommerce and Square is free, too. It also lets you process payments on your WooCommerce online store using the Square gateway.

For store customization, including a Name Your Price feature, I like the Booster for WooCommerce plugin. The free version lets you enable name-your-price for all products on your store. If you want more granular control, you'll need to upgrade to the full version which as of right now costs US$59.99 for a single-site lifetime license (no upgrade or subscription fees).

I don't know the specifics of your business's finances, but from my point of view a one-time fee of $60 isn't unreasonable, and I hazard to guess that it wouldn't take very long to pay for itself with sales from your online store.

Message 38 of 54

It appears to all be free but my Wordpress does not allow me to use Plugins since I am not paying $279.96 per year for the business plan.  Therefore I can't get Woocommerce attached to my Wordpress.  Please correct me if I'm wrong because I would love to integrate 

Message 39 of 54
Admin

I'm sorry to hear about this @needalilhelp, that does sound confusing.

As the integration between Square and WooCommerce is now free, if you're seeing an error or if you're being prompted to pay I recommend contacting WooCommerce Support directly. They'll be able to take a closer look at your account and settings and clarify this for you! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 40 of 54

I would like to add my request to get on board with WordPress, do not want to do the PayPal thing again.

Message 41 of 54

I would love to have a blog and be able to have it connect in a more meaningful way withbmybswuare store than a link to an individual item. Is one better that the other? Thoughts on Blogger or wordpress?

Message 42 of 54