x

Why Am I CONSTANTLY Being Told To Login? I Can't Get Anything Done Because It Happens So Always!!

It doesn't matter how short of a time I'm logged in, two minutes later I'm getting told to log back in. It's driving me crazy because I have to go through the whole process of getting a verification code. Is anyone else having this problem?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Currently, customers will be logged out of their account if there's been a period of inactivity. We do this to protect your account and to keep your information secure, but I understand that it isn't ideal and the process could be improved. 

I don't have a way to lengthen the time-out length, but I'm passing your feedback to our product team in the meantime. 

Message 2 of 6

I keep having the same issue.  I will log in, and then click on invoices and am immediately told I've been signed out due to inactivity.  What in like one click??  It'd maddening and driving me crazy.  Is it a browser issue?  This is squareup.com using IE.  

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @LaraDC! Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry this is happening so quickly for you. It shouldn't be logging you out that quick. 

Our Dashboard doesn't work well with IE so I would recommend using Chrome/Firefox instead and you shouldn't have this issue. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

What device are you using? I have square on my iPhone and j don't have the issue that you're having.
Message 5 of 6
Square

Sounds like they're referring to their Dashboard, online at squareup.com (correct me if I'm wrong!) Sorry I didn't clarify in my post. 

For the Register app, you'll be kept logged in indefinitely unless you manually sign out or have to reinstall the app for any reason. 

Message 6 of 6