x

Why are shipping costs not calculated and shown during checkout on my online store?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to set up Real Time Shipping?

I just started selling online but the shipping doesn't shows during checkout. When I read some post here, someone mentioned about creating RTS. Not sure how. I have already created UPS and USPS account.

Message 1 of 33
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Dek - all of the information you'll need to set up Real Time Shipping can be found be right here in this article from our Support Center.

There are a couple of settings you'll want to pay close attention to while setting up to ensure that Shipping appears as a fulfillment option for your customers. The first thing you'll need to do is check the Shipping box within the Fulfillment section while editing or creating the item you want to be shippable.  

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 4.15.26 PM.png

If you plan to ship most of your items, I recommend going ahead and changing your default fulfillment type as well (Settings > Checkout > Advanced settings):

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 4.15.05 PM.png

If any questions come up after you've run through the directions outlined there, let us know right here, or reach out to our Support team directly. Good luck!

This post was edited in December 2020 by a moderator to include updated screenshots and directions

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 14 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

When a customer purchased items from our new website however the shipping shows free, why? How can I charge shipping even when the customers already paid only for the items? Please advise me, thanks. 

Message 2 of 33
Alumni

I went ahead moved this second post over to the thread where I responded earlier today, @Dek. Are you still running into this issue with shipping, or did my response from earlier help you get your shipping set up properly? 😊

Just want to make sure you're all taken care of - thanks in advance!

Valentina
Message 3 of 33

Thank you, Valentina, for your time in responding and some valuable methods to solve my issue on shipping. I just read the link that you attached and it was indeed very helpful. Thank you for your help and other member discussions that I read in addition to was very helpful. I'll manually input weight on each item now.

Message 4 of 33
Alumni

Of course, @Dek! The Support Center is a valuable source of information - but we're always here if you need a nudge in the right direction, or have any questions about anything you see there.

Reach back out if anything else come up 😊

Valentina
Message 5 of 33

Hi @Valentina I've been looking at these examples and wondering if you can help me fix an issue I am having. I can't get the shipping to appear and calculate in the checkout. I've set up the shipping in the Weebly settings. Do I have to do anything from the square end??

Message 6 of 33
Alumni

Hi @WordWoman! I've gone ahead and moved your post over to this thread, where I helped someone who had a similar question - I think this should point you in the right direction.

If you're still not seeing shipping costs appear during checkout after checking your item fulfillment settings, definitely let me know here. I'm happy to run through additional troubleshooting with you!

Valentina
Message 7 of 33

Hi I have the item fulfilment set to shipping and I have added weight for each item. That is all in place. So there must be something else that is stopping it from appearing. You can see below that shipping is mentioned on the first cart screen, but it is not being calculated in the second section (or appearing), even after an address has been added. It should appear above the taxes, yes? Help!Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 7.02.07 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-17 at 7.04.04 am.png

Message 8 of 33

Hi Word Woman, I had a similar issue with shipping showing free during checkout. Some members advised to add weight on each items under your item categories which I did and it worked. Now the shipping does shows during checkout. 

Good luck.

Message 9 of 33

I created a store and my shipping cost or taxes aren’t showing up once I add to cart. Please help

Message 10 of 33

Hi, I had this similar issue and I feel ya. Some members advised to add weight on each items under your item categories which I did and it worked. Now the shipping does shows during checkout. The only problem is you need to add different shipping rates for locals and other states which I'm still pending on. Good Luck, dear.

Message 11 of 33
Alumni

@Tiaraa - if you're still running into trouble after following the advice here from @Dek, let me know so we can dig in a bit!

Valentina
Message 12 of 33

Thank you for me too.

Message 13 of 33
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Dek - all of the information you'll need to set up Real Time Shipping can be found be right here in this article from our Support Center.

There are a couple of settings you'll want to pay close attention to while setting up to ensure that Shipping appears as a fulfillment option for your customers. The first thing you'll need to do is check the Shipping box within the Fulfillment section while editing or creating the item you want to be shippable.  

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 4.15.26 PM.png

If you plan to ship most of your items, I recommend going ahead and changing your default fulfillment type as well (Settings > Checkout > Advanced settings):

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 4.15.05 PM.png

If any questions come up after you've run through the directions outlined there, let us know right here, or reach out to our Support team directly. Good luck!

This post was edited in December 2020 by a moderator to include updated screenshots and directions

Valentina
Message 14 of 33

I have upgraded my account, it's been a month now and I am not seeing my Shipping options  

I set up shipping to auto calculate with UPS or USPS. I created some boxes with max weights and max items and added weights to my items but when checking out it only shows free shipping. Is there a button somewhere I need to turn on so that all my items have a shipping charge? They all show shipping as delivery method.

Thanks in advance for any help

Message 15 of 33
Alumni

It sounds like you're trying to set up Real Time Shipping, but I'm not 100% sure, @ArtShed. I've moved your post to this thread so you can take a look at the tips provided in the Best Answer.

If you're still running into a bit of trouble, our Support team can help you wrinkle out the kinks if you get in touch with us directly.

Valentina
Message 16 of 33

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Shipping is not showing up as an option

nothing in my online store is showing a shipping option but everything is marked for all three fulfillments

Message 17 of 33
Alumni

I've moved your post over to this thread, as it should help shine a light on what you're seeing @Unitylifestylez. If you're still running into a bit of difficulty after taking a look at my Best Answer, please be sure to reach out so a member of our team can dig in with you! To get in touch, please log into your Square account and head here.

Valentina
Message 18 of 33

Hi. Several customers have contacted me saying there is no shipping option at checkout? I went into inventory multiple times to reset fulfillment but it doesn’t seem to update? Anyone else encountering this problem?

Message 19 of 33
Square Community Moderator

Heya @THIRDEYERECS,

I moved your post to one of the many existing threads for this issue.

Check out the Best Answer for more details to make sure fulfillment is set up for your items individually as well!

Ashley C
Message 20 of 33

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Incorrect delivery methods

Why are my items on weebly showing up as in-store pickup only when I have shipping selected? This is getting ridiculous. I can’t get anyone from square to pickup phone or return my emails. 

Message 21 of 33