x

Why are the loyalty stars DOUBLING when a split sale is tendered?

After tendering a split sale on Saturday, I noticed that the customer received DOUBLE the amount of loyalty stars for her transaction. She spent enough to receive 4 stars, which she received all 4 after sending the first receipt for her cash portion of payment. However, after tendering the remaining amount on her credit card, she then received 4 MORE stars after sending that receipt, totaling 8 on the Rewards screen.  I have been given the information on how to manually adjust the stars per customer, but I am having issues with that as well, and I believe this is a flaw with the program and should be looked into.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @giggleblossom

So sorry for any confusion and frustration.

Split Tender will result in two stars for Loyalty.

That's currently how the system is set up.

I'll definitely pass along the feedback, as I agree with you in that it could be improved. 

In regards to manually adjusting the stars, what was it that you were having trouble with? 

Message 2 of 4

Are loyalty stars still doubling when the sale is a split tender? Would love to look into using Square's Loyalty program again if this has been resolved without having to manually deduct stars thru the dashboard. We dropped the program after we had issues with a reward being sent to the customer (which is usually instantaneous) and they return to claim their reward but it is not valid anymore being we removed stars or voided the reward altogether. Doesn't make for a happy customer.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @giggleblossom - luckily this issue was fixed a long time ago! It works just fine now!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 4