x

Why aren't Square Invoice cash payments showing up in Cash Drawer Management reports?

[The title of this thread was modified from the original post: Cash sales missing.]

When I accept a cash payment for an invoice it doesn’t account for that cash in my drawer report.  Why not?  How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey, @Jesse327 and @VanKalkerFarms! Tom Stepping in for Katie today.

Good question—I hope I can help make this more clear. When you accept a cash payment for an invoice at Point of Sale, there are two options: Charge and Record.

Firstly, to accept an invoice payment on Point of Sale, tap on the three horizontal lines (☰) in the upper left corner of the screen > Invoices (enter passcode if applicable) > select invoice > Add Payment. From there, you should see a screen that displays the following options:

IMG_1240.jpg

• If you select the Record Payment option, the cash drawer will not open and the invoice payment will not be included with the cash drawer report. In this case, you can verify that everything was settled as cash from the online Square Dashboard > Invoices tab.

• If you select the Charge $[AMOUNT] Now option, the cash drawer will open automatically to assist with situating the customer's cash into the drawer quickly. In addition, the cash collected for the invoice will show up in both places: (1) in the drawer report and (2) you will still be able to verify that the invoice was settled as cash from the online Square Dashboard > Invoices tab.

I'll be sure to surface this post with both our Invoices Team and Point of Sale Team. There may be a few iterations they can introduce that will help make this more clear. Please don't hesitate to let me know if any questions or concerns remain—happy to have another look!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

honestly, this is something I haven't done before so I don't know if invoice payments would be reflected in the cash drawer as I have not marked an invoice as paid while on a Square POS terminal.  @katieand do you know if this would reflect on the report or is it not tied to the drawer since it is an invoice payment vs a Square POS payment.

Message 2 of 6

They are not reflected in the cash drawer.  Anytime I take a cash invoice payment my cash drawer ends up “over”  by the amount of those payments.  I want to know if there is a way to fix it

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hey, @Jesse327 and @VanKalkerFarms! Tom Stepping in for Katie today.

Good question—I hope I can help make this more clear. When you accept a cash payment for an invoice at Point of Sale, there are two options: Charge and Record.

Firstly, to accept an invoice payment on Point of Sale, tap on the three horizontal lines (☰) in the upper left corner of the screen > Invoices (enter passcode if applicable) > select invoice > Add Payment. From there, you should see a screen that displays the following options:

IMG_1240.jpg

• If you select the Record Payment option, the cash drawer will not open and the invoice payment will not be included with the cash drawer report. In this case, you can verify that everything was settled as cash from the online Square Dashboard > Invoices tab.

• If you select the Charge $[AMOUNT] Now option, the cash drawer will open automatically to assist with situating the customer's cash into the drawer quickly. In addition, the cash collected for the invoice will show up in both places: (1) in the drawer report and (2) you will still be able to verify that the invoice was settled as cash from the online Square Dashboard > Invoices tab.

I'll be sure to surface this post with both our Invoices Team and Point of Sale Team. There may be a few iterations they can introduce that will help make this more clear. Please don't hesitate to let me know if any questions or concerns remain—happy to have another look!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I don't see this option on my Square cash register. I would love it if I could send my  customer an invoice and they  could come in my restaurant and Pay right at the register. On my POS I don't see any of these items

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @DFUSS and welcome to the Seller Community 

At this time Square Invoices are only available on the Square Register via Square Point of Sale. If you are interested in Square Invoices becoming available on Square for Restaurants, I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6