x

Why does my dashboard take so long to load?

The title of this thread has been updated from: "Is the website down?"

When I log into the squareup.com website, the "Loading Dashboard" gif just spins forever.  I've tried it on multiple browsers and multiple devices. Is it my account, or is this happening to everyone?  I need to get payroll done!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

Message 2 of 11

It must be my account.  It's not the cache, I've tried several browsers on three different computers.

I can access squareup.com/payroll/employer, but I can't access any page with "dashboard" in the URL.

Message 3 of 11
Super Seller

This is past anything other users can help you with so I would call Square.

https://squareup.com/help/contact

Click "Other"

Click "I don't see my issue"

Click "Call Support"

Write down your Customer Code

Call 1 (855) 700-6000

Message 4 of 11

I will later today (can't call on a Sunday).  I was just hoping someone else had this issue.

Message 5 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

How large is your inventory?  If it's very big, the items can take a long time to load.  The first few times I started up the dashboard, I thought something had frozen, but it was just taking what I thought was a long time to load about 9,000 items.

Judy T Shumway
Message 6 of 11

No, that's not it.  It still happens occasionally, I just got used to waiting until the next day.  Square support can't seem to figure it out, but it's obvious something with my account is messed up.

Message 7 of 11

That's super weird @kb0wwp

I've heard the dashboard is slow to load if you have a lot of items like @GlassJudy mentioned. Other than that we recommend the usual web browser troubleshooting, consisting of clearing the cache and restarting the program.

Have you tried signing in on different network connections? Also do you use a VPN? 

Message 8 of 11

It's been a few weeks but I wanted to follow up with the solution (in case anyone else runs into this):  It's caused by the content filtering with Disney Circle.  It's built into the router on both networks I was using.  So if you're having intermittant problems loading squareup.com, check your filtering software or device.

Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

How do I check the filtering software on my provider network? 

Message 10 of 11

Seems to be going on for over three years as I have issues logging in

Message 11 of 11