x

Why does point of sale not require signatures with the tip options in the top like they used to?

Before I would insert a chip card, swipe or apple pay and it would direct to a signature page with the tip option above, rather than the separate tipping screen. My settings are not turned on for a separate tipping screen but still goes to it. Square says it does not require signing for major credit cards but at least for my business, it incentivized my clients to leave more tips. Thoughts????

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your post and welcome to Seller Community, @adrwhitelion.

You can change that back to how it was before by going to Settings > Signature and Receipts > Collect Signatures > Sign on Device, and you will want to choose for purchases of any amount to make sure that it does this no matter how much the order is for.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your post and welcome to Seller Community, @adrwhitelion.

You can change that back to how it was before by going to Settings > Signature and Receipts > Collect Signatures > Sign on Device, and you will want to choose for purchases of any amount to make sure that it does this no matter how much the order is for.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 10

This does not work on Square Terminal printed receipts and it is negatively impacting my business. I will no longer be able to use Square if this issue isn't remedied. Please fix this. It can't be that hard.

Message 3 of 10

I tried these instructions and it STILL did not prompt for a signature.  It cost us a lot of money for our event yesterday.  Like the last customer said...IT CAN'T BE THAT HARD!!!

Message 4 of 10

I understand that banks no longer require signatures for card transactions, but as a Square Terminal customer in the spa industry we NEED that signature line! It is so uncomfortable to hand a customer a receipt with ONLY the tip and total portion and it creates an awkward dynamic that feels like we're begging for tips instead of giving the option to tip.

Printed receipts with a signature line is the ONLY reason that I bought the $300 Square Terminal. Without that signature line this is a nearly useless box that could have done the same thing as the $10 phone reader. I am flabbergasted that this is even happening! 

Give us the option to have a signature line on every transaction! Who cares if the bank needs it? WE need it!

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @WaxThatJax and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already on how to re-enable that feature.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 10

I tried these instructions and it STILL did not prompt for a signature.  It cost us a lot of money for our event yesterday.  Like the last customer said...IT CAN'T BE THAT HARD!!!

Message 7 of 10

This has been a massive issue for me for over a year now. I’ve spoken in other threads about it, but they won’t do anything to help us. So glad I got the $300 Square Terminal so I could print receipts 🙄🙃🤬

Message 8 of 10

It's sad that Square can't turn on the signature option, I've had 4 fraudulent online bookings and it's harder to prove without a signature.  I've had to disable my online booking payments to remedy this, now I just take payments at the store at time of service.  Square kinda sucks in the online appt prepay area.

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @VizionVR  

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature. I understand how this can help your business. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10