x

Why is my BigCommerce platform not syncing with my Square system?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Bigcommerce Integration Issues]

Let me say, I desperately need the Square POS App Bigcommerce Integration to work to synchronize my inventory across my Online and Brick & Mortar. It would literally save me hours and hours of work and potentially save thousands of dollars having an accurate synchronized inventory. I have a large online store with 2100 products which makes up 85% of sales. And I have a smaller retail brick & mortar component. I have been using Square POS for years, and have thousands invested in the hardware but have never been able to integrate to my inventory.. I've had to manually update my inventory to BigCommerce as it is my master inventory list. I have patiently waited for the new Square POS App for BigCommerce. I was hoping this would be an easy integration, where I could simply search my BigCommerce product list through my Square POS and have a synchronized inventory. But I was quickly disappointed. The Square POS App is essentially useless because I can not export my BigCommerce products to Square. It is literally only one way. (From Square to BigCommerce). I do not have any items in square. I just want my BigCommerce products to show up in Square and be Synchronized. I spoke to Square customer service and they said maybe a work around is just export your product list and convert to there CSV template and try to reverse synchronize. But there is a HUGE problem. The Square product is the master product and will always default to whatever Square is. There is way too many potential errors, where it will default to whatever Square Product is and mess up all my categories, etc. I desperately need this to work to synchronize my inventory across my Online and Brick & Mortar. I can not risk 2100 products, for my 7 figure store to have an issue. This should be a seamless 1 button integration. Please advise. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Hi @OnceUponaDime,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

Happy to provide a bit more insight on this. With Square and any third party integration, all activation and set-up is handled by the API on their side. Whenever Square integrates with a third party website or platform, Square will only see the payment information being processed from the card that was used during the transaction. We do not have any visibility into the actual back-end mechanics of linking the website to our payment system.

I highly recommend contacting BigCommerce. If they are still unable to figure out a solution, please ask for a ticket or case number to pass over to our Customer Success Team and contact them via email with the information collected.

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 3

I contacted big commerce and square regarding issues with using square. Square informed me to contact big commerce which I did. It seems there is an issue with square and big commerce platforms being able to sync. Customers contact me saying that they can not order. I tried and got an error message of can't authorize. I tried same process using square and order was authorized. So the issue is with big commerce and square not being able to syn. I switched to big commerce because of US based customer phone service that can be understood. When using Weebly, squares based systems there is no customer service at all. I dont what to change processors, so square and beg commerce need to resolve this issue ASAP.

toby
Message 3 of 3