x

Why is phone support not offered on the weekends?

I get it, nobody wants to work on the weekends.  

However, that's my busiest time, time for the most errors to happen, and there is NO immidate support.    

With a company as large as sqaure, I feel there should be 24/7 support or a way to reach someone when something isn't working as it should.   

Sqaure is making money off of credit card processing fees, but when you need to immidate support that could potientally cause you to lose business, there isn't any support offered.

I get email support (low priority), but that is not the same as reaching someone when you need assistance right away.

Why doesn't sqaure offer better support?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

I 100% agree with you. I am having a super hard time with their support, so much so that I may change companies.

Message 2 of 11

I totally agree too. The number of times I have had issues where it is specific to my square and situation so the general help answers are not enough! But no phone support. How many Square users are vendors who work weekends? Most of the mobile Square users I would say. This is so lame. I have had nothing but issues with Square since the debit reader came out and I am trying to add employees. I get untracked employees showing up most of the time and I have done everything recommended in posts. I have used email for customer support but it takes so long and if I reply I get no response at all. Customer support is worth enough to me to switch to another provider. This is b.s.

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Hey everyone. Thank you all for expressing your thoughts on the topic of weekend support.

We understand that having phone support during busy weekends would be ideal, so we absolutely hear you. 💯 Although we don't currently have weekend phone support, you can always contact our Customer Success Team via email, check for answers in our Support Center, or even here in the Seller Community.

We take these feature requests in the Seller Community very seriously, so we appreciate you bringing this up. We'll make sure that we surface each of your requests with the appropriate Teams.

Please reach out if you have other questions!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 11

Its now two years on and still no weekend support!! How are businesses like ours who do most of their business at the weekend copw with all 3 machines failing?? Utterly ridiculous - and totaly inadequate - what are you doing about it before we leave you??

Message 5 of 11
Super Seller

The Seller Community is here for you, you can also visit https://issquareup.com to see if there are errors as reports are still seen at the weekend.

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 6 of 11

I agree !! A credit card processing company needs to be 24/7 ... Planning on expanding into a separate 2nd business I am looking at POS SYSTEMS. Square has a lot of competition 

Message 7 of 11

This is pretty huge, and something I didn't realize when I switched over. My busiest times are Friday and Saturday afternoons and evenings, on which I do double to five times the business I do on weekdays. But my best times for dealing with non-emergent problems is on Saturday mornings and all day Sundays.

However, I recall finding a major bug and I think it was on a Sunday. I thought I called in with the problem, but perhaps I emailed. Either way, someone called me and helped assess that it was indeed a pretty big bug and I got an email that it was fixed by Thursday. I can't imagine a "traditional" POS corporation being that responsive. So major kudos to Square on that one.

That doesn't change the necessity, sometimes, of reaching someone in support right then, while a customer is standing at the register having a major meltdown.

Message 8 of 11

why is there no one too talk too on weekin about your acct

Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

I am posting this on 06/25/2021. Has 24/7 support been implemented  yet? So far, I cannot find  weekend or after hours live chat or phone support offered.

Message 10 of 11
Super Seller

Phone support is not available on Saturdays or Sundays, but the Seller Community is always here for you!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 11 of 11