x

Why is the cord on the dock the wrong direction?

Since we are now in an age of doing everything contactless, why is the cord on the dock the wrong direction? Customers cannot just put their card in the chip reader while in the dock without the cord in the way? The dock has a nice grip to keep it in place and the cord is nice and long, but it’s on the wrong end???? 
We use this on our food truck and it is a hassle. 
Any chance for a remodel??

What do the rest of you do?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Ginadiss14,

I personally don't use the dock. I just have the reader on the back of my mobile device and then the customer is able to insert or tap their card that way.

Be yourself. Be unique. Be bold.
Manager @ Maplelawn Farmers Market
Message 2 of 5
Admin

Thanks @mjws1224! Are you also using particular phone case to attach the reader, like this?  

@Ginadiss14 I believe the dock was designed to be set up similar to this image below. It's angled away from the customer so they can use a contactless card or use Apple Pay/Google Pay on their phone. But I do understand what you mean - this is great feedback for our Hardware team! 

Square Stand_US.jpg

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 5

Response to @Helen: No I'm not. I just purchased a cheap phone case and then took some velcro and put it on both the reader and the phone. I found that it was a much easier solution instead of having to purchase the phone case that Square offers.

Be yourself. Be unique. Be bold.
Manager @ Maplelawn Farmers Market
Message 4 of 5
Admin

Sounds good! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5