x

Why is the time zone incorrect with Square Appointments?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Time Zone]

I am having a problem with booking appointment with correct time. I set a client appointment for 1:30 p.m. and square send the time for 3:30 p.m.. Calendar time zone (PDT) differs from business time zone (CDT)

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Admin

Hey @Mae80-

Sorry to hear that.

I went ahead and looked into this for you, and I've confirmed with our Appointments Team that the calendar is going to reflect the time zone that your device is set to.

If you travel to a timezone other than your business time zone, events on the calendar will be shifted accordingly and you will see a message that says Calendar Time Zone differs from Business Time Zone. 

If you want to avoid any confusion, please go into your device's date and time settings and set the device to your business time zone when editing appointments. I hope this is helpful. Also, just generally, I would ensure that the Time Zone in your Account and Settings matches the Time Zone within Square Appointments and your device. 

I hope this is helpful. If not, please let me know so we can look into this further. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 29

I am in Central (Chicago) time and the time and date on my computer and my reciepts is correct but when I book an "appointment" it saves it in EDT.  How Do I CHANGE THIS

K. Haskell
Message 3 of 29

Hey y'all! So I'm in Arizona and we do not follow daylight savings time. My calendar is set on Mountain standard Time- Arizona. which is the technical time zone here and it should not change. However with daylight savings time on Sunday, everything seems to have moved back an hour on my calendar. Even though I have it set where they should have booked in this time zone. Anyone else having this issue and has anyone figured out how to update all of the appointments that were set prior to Sunday?

Message 4 of 29

We have had the same problem. But we are not in Arizona, we are in Mountain Daylight time in South Dakota... we have double checked all settings and they are correct..Looking for help??? 

Message 5 of 29
Admin

Hey @Smdaley09 and @Vanity1. I went ahead and moved your questions over to this thread so you can take a look at @isabelle's answer. She addresses a fix for the issues you're both experiencing!

Let us know if anything else comes up.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 29

@nika @isabelle @@Honestly, this didn't help my problem. I didn't travel anywhere I've been in the same location the entire time. When daylight savings times hit, it bumped all of my appointments back an hour. But Arizona doesn't follow daylight savings time. I did check and confirm that all the settings are as they should be. So not sure why it bumped everything bac

Message 7 of 29

That is absolutely ridiculous! It’s additional work to change the time zone when traveling and working and there is no reason it should do that. Both my clients and I have been frustrated and confused!

Message 8 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Laser1

There have been some changes to this feature since the last post. Now you can lock the timezone to the Business location. 

Go to your Dashboard > Appointments > Settings > Calendar & Booking  It will look something like this. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 29

Thank you!!

Message 10 of 29
Super Seller

Thanks for sharing - even though it is "locked", when I travel to EST for ex, all of my appointment change on my phone to EST and makes manual booking on PST a total nightmare.

If there is a feature to "lock booking timezone" it should not change when my phone moves.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 11 of 29

What happened was when I travel to a different time zone and my clients received the auto generated reminder the time was incorrect. It was very confusing and frustrating. 
Are saying that ever time I travel I have to remember to go into settings and change the time zone?

Message 12 of 29

Welcome back to the Community, @Laser1

How do you have your current settings set?

If you have it set to "Phone Only", then it would change every time your phone goes into a new timezone. Setting them to your business or customer location wouldn't allow the timezone to change when you change.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 13 of 29

Got it. Thanks for clarifying that, @Mae80. If you've double checked your device settings and everything seems to line up, we would then recommend reaching out to our Support Team for further troubleshooting. They should be able to take a deeper dive with you to see where the discrepancy lays.

Joe
Message 14 of 29
Beta Member

I am in Arizona and having same issue.  Clients are now showing up at the wrong time.  I hadn't had an issue before.  The timezone is LOCKED in the settings to my business address, AND the business address's timezone says "Arizona"  There is something wrong here, and it isn't fixed by the settings that have been mentioned here so far.

Message 15 of 29

Welcome to the Community, @DM4Life

Sorry to hear you're still having issues even though your settings are locked. If you have some time, could you reach out to our Appointments Team directly

If this is a bug, they will gather some information and document this for our engineers. 

Kassi
Message 16 of 29

I am having the same issue in Arizona, everything is set to az time. 

Message 17 of 29

Hey there, @AZhairnerd

Do you want your timezone to be in the customer's timezone? Or something different?

You have the option to change the setting in your Dashboard under Appointments > Settings > Calendar & Booking. 

There you will select which option you want for your Appointment Timezone. 

Let me know if this isn't what you were looking for and I can circle back.

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 18 of 29

its telling all of my clients that their appointments are an hour ahead (forget which) or behind of what im booking them at wuth day light savings. i have made sure in all the settings that everything (that im aware of) is set to AZ time zone. why is it still saying its a different time?

Message 19 of 29

Thanks for adding that information, @AZhairnerd

I am going to recommend reaching out to our Appointments team: 1-855-700-6000. It sounds like you have all of your settings set up correctly, but there is some disconnect in booking. 

The Appointments team will be able to dig into this a little deeper. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 20 of 29

My business is in PST. I will be traveling for the next several days in the CST. I need to be able to book clients in the proper timezone while traveling. The calendar is throwing me off showing the incorrect timezone - is going to send my client the incorrect confirmations? 

~frustrated traveler~

Message 21 of 29