x

Why is there no photo when i post a link to my products on Social media

Just wondering why there's no photo when I post a link to my website or a product on social media.  I attached a photo of what it looks like. Hope someone can help

Screenshot_20200512-141224_Facebook.jpg

Message 1 of 52
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I think I actually.solved this. Go to SEO & social media under website. On your over iew page. And then upload a photo to the facebook link section let me know I this works. 🙂

Screenshot_20210228-173857_Chrome.jpg

View Best Answer >

Message 41 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Admin

Hey @Tina22-

When you copy and paste the link to Facebook from the Google Chrome browser on a computer, does it show the website preview? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 52

@isabelle no, it looks the same but with the pasted text above. Pic attached. 😥

20200513_180624.jpg

Message 3 of 52
Admin

Got it. Thank you @Tina22. I went ahead and escalated this to the Square Online Store team and they said it's a known issue. Thank you for surfacing this, the more examples they have, the quicker they can find a solution. I will update you in this thread when I hear something. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 52
Beta Member

I am also having this problem.

Message 5 of 52
Beta Member

That's happening to me too.

Melissa Gillespie
Owner and Creator
Silver Branch Soapworks
silverbranchsoapworks@gmail.com
Message 6 of 52
Beta Member

Any updates?

Message 7 of 52
Admin

Hey @Tina22!

I wanted to let you know that our Engineering Team is still working for a resolution here. Apologies for the wait!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 8 of 52
Beta Member

Is there any updates on this issue yet? It has been a few months and I am also looking forward to having this fixed. 

Message 9 of 52

I added a social preview photo and it wont show when i copy the link and post to facebook. 

any help?

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 9.12.29 PM.png

Message 10 of 52

Why is there no picture of my product when I post a link on social media or when I post my website?!?! I've asked this question SO many times and no one can seem to get it fixed. It makes the site kinda worthless. This is what shows up when I try to post a single product 🤷‍♀️

20200513_180624.jpg

Message 11 of 52
Alumni

Thanks for checking back up on this, @Tina22. I double-checked on this one, and can confirm that our engineers are still actively working towards a resolution. I've gone ahead and moved your post to the thread where we are tracking this issue, so that we can be sure you'll receive an update. 

As soon as we have news to share about the functionality of this feature, we'll add a post here in this thread so you know.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 52

Thank you!! Sorry to be such a pain 😊 I did figure out how to make a photo show up when I post my website link, so that's a plus 😁

Message 13 of 52
Alumni

That's great, @Tina22! And you're no pain at all - if you have time to share with us how you were able to make a photo show up, I'm sure it would help someone else here in the Seller Community 😊

Valentina
Message 14 of 52

Hello, I'm having the same exact issue. Is there a fix? I really need one, thank you!

Message 15 of 52

No, I haven't found a solution 🤬 I've had my site for 1.5 yrs and all I've been told each time is they're aware and are trying to fix it. Sorry, I'm no help 

Message 16 of 52

same lo

Message 17 of 52
Alumni

I've moved your post to this thread where someone else reported seeing the same thing when posting on Facebook, @tcooll77. This is a known issue that our engineers have been working on. We'll be sure to update this thread as soon as we have an update here - thanks for the patience!

Valentina
Message 18 of 52

what did you do to fix it?

Message 19 of 52
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Online Checkout not showing image

Hi There:

I am trying to use the Online Checkout link to sell an item. But when I try posting to Facebook my item picture does not show. Below is an image of what I get. Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

Message 20 of 52
Alumni

Thanks for flagging this, @jmazorra!

I moved your post over to this thread where a couple of others have noticed their images are not loading properly when sharing their website via Facebook. Our engineers are currently working towards a fix - we'll be sure to drop in and post an update as soon as we have one, so stay subscribed.

Valentina
Message 21 of 52