x

Why should I integrate square with my Etsy shop?

What are the benefits of merging square with my Etsy shop?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

@SSSS - hey there 👋 Check out this article, as it details the ins and outs of the Esty and Square integration! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11

I linked my Etsy and square accounts but I need to know how to get my Etsy cash-out  on my square account and card. Thank you!

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Hi @SweetCreamUS! Once you've connected Etsy and Square, your transactions should automatically begin to transfer to your linked bank account per your Transfer Schedule.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 11

Hi!

I've linked my Weekly website with my Square account to start accepting orders.  However, my square account is also linked to my Etsy shop.  When purchases are made through my website, I'm seeing it come through Etsy transactions.  Will I be charged a double fee now for each sale - etsy and square?  Should deactivate my Square connection to Etsy?

Thanks,

Simona

Message 5 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @smoss813 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over the Etsy/Square integration.

Check out the article that @JustinC shared above.

Square is the only processor if you're using Square for payments with Etsy, so you'd only be charged our fee.

Your transactions will still of course show on Etsy since they're ordered on Etsy but the payment goes through us.

Ashley C
Message 6 of 11

Hi, I'm a bit confused too. The article says Etsy will charge .20 cents every time you make a sale that is not synced. So if someone purchases from my square website, does Etsy charge an additional fee too? 

Message 7 of 11

Yes, if the item you sell if not an active listing on Etsy. You will be charged $0.20 per sale.

Message 8 of 11

I'm confused about this also. I'm aware they will charge the 20¢ if using the Square pos card reader in person, but do they really do this when sales happen on our Square online website too? I'm just setting up a website now, and might unlink my Etsy if that's the case.

Message 9 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @NakedRebel - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

Square’s fee for payments processed with your Etsy account is 2.6% + 10¢ for all swipes.

Etsy does not charge an additional fee for items sold through Square via inventory sync and will have the same $0.20 auto-renewal listing fee as online listings sold through Etsy. When you sell an item via Square that is not synced with your shop listings, Etsy will charge $0.20 USD per transaction. This will show up on your Etsy bill as a 'Square manual' fee.

To learn more about Etsy’s pricing, visit their website. If you are needing further clarification on Etsy's side of processing fees, please contact their support team.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 10 of 11
Beta Member

definitely best to unlink your Etsy shop to avoid the 20¢ fees

Message 11 of 11