x
Highlighted

Why won't my phone number save through the online store?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can't save credit card information on the online store check out due to "invalid phone number']

Hello,

We just finished setting up our Square online store and did a test run. However, in the check out page we found that if you click on the check box to "Save my information for faster check out" it will not allow any phone number format. If you try to proceed it says "Phone number provided is not a valid mobile number"

Can you please help!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Why won't my phone number save through the online store?

Hi @ZWE,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome aboard! 

I'm more than happy to work through this with you. When you attempted to save the phone number, what device were you using to log into your site, and what format was the number typed in?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Message 2 of 14
Highlighted

Hi @Alex_ 

We are using our MacBook to try to save our credit card information at the check out. We tried putting our phone number in the field using several different formats (250)220-xxxx, 250220xxx, 250-220-xxx but nothing worked. We also changed the country code from Canada to US without any results.

We have also received a few calls from customers having the same problem.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 14
Highlighted
Admin

@ZWE

Understood. What internet browser are you using, and do you have a screenshot of what appears on your screen?

Message 4 of 14
Highlighted

Image 2020-03-23 at 7.58 PM.jpg

We are using Google Chrome on a mac book.  Thanks for your help. 

Paula McPhee

Message 5 of 14
Highlighted
Admin

Thanks for the screenshot @ZWE

That seems odd. Does the same error come up when you try saving other numbers or is it just yours? Keep me updated! 

Message 6 of 14
Highlighted

@JustinC Thank you for your quick response. This is happening with any phone number. We tried 3 different ones ourselves and have received 4 emails/calls from customers that have had the same problem

Message 7 of 14
Highlighted
Admin

Yikes @ZWE ! 😬 Sounds like a super frustrating experience for your customers. I reached out to our Weebly experts to grab a pair of eyes. I'll be back with an update as I learn more. 

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Comment below on this thread with screenshots. 

Message 8 of 14
Highlighted
Admin

Hey  @ZWE - I'm back with an update. I got word from our Weebly Team that issues with saving buyer's phone numbers during checkout has already been surfaced to them and they're actively working towards a fix. 

Apologies for any disruptions this caused your biz. We understand that it's super vital for the Online Store to operate smoothly for our sellers given the current climate. 

I'll be sure to circle back here when there are updates available to share. Thanks for your continued patience. 

Message 9 of 14
Highlighted

We are having the same issue of orders not being able to be taken on our online store.  Saying the number isn't valid.  

Message 10 of 14