x

Will a new debit reader work with my older credit card reader and my exsisting account info?

I want to know if my old credit reader is still going to work if i purchase a new debit reader? And will it work seemlessly with my exsisting account info? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

not sure what you mean by debit reader, but all of Square's hardware readers will work.

this is the Contactless NFC Chip reader that most everyone uses if they have more than just the mag stripe reader.

Message 2 of 6

I have an older credit reader from before the new debit readers exsisted-wondering if i can still use that plus a new debit reader if i purchase one-and will it work with my exsisting banking info?

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

are you in Canada?  that's the only thing I can think of as to why you are saying debit card reader.

Yes the new NFC contactless reader works with tap Interac debit cards.  yes, it will still work with your bank account.  you old ones will work just not for tap debit payments.  

Message 4 of 6

Yes, i'm in Canada-the debit readers are new to Canada so i was just wondering if my old credit card reader will be useless if i purchase the new debit reader as it shows it comes with a new credit card reader and the debit card reader together as a package deal-thanks for your help

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

sorry, the board is supposed to sort out Canadian posts to a Canadian Square board since the answers are different for some of the questions and that way it doesn't lead to confusion like I had with where you were from.

you will be good as long as you buy your reader from the Canadian square store.  https://squareup.com/shop/hardware/ca/en

Message 6 of 6