x

Windows app update?

I’ll start off by saying I will not use the square terminal online, I refuse to pay the 3.5 + whatever cents... Has there been any updates to a possible app for windows? It’s apparent the contactless reader has the ability to pair and connect with windows 10, so why not the ability for an app? I have a cash drawer and printer that’s useless because I refuse to buy the square stand, and another iPad,  I could hook them up to my desktop but.... my opinion is square knows they need get on this with the amount of people who want it, but then that means they have less push when it comes to the POS and stand.... 0186EB89-04D4-4A0C-BD09-E954F4D7E2B3.jpeg

711ABFAB-1241-40E1-9487-378F4712D0A0.jpeg

6AC4C751-B599-496A-AB29-507A0895AC6A.jpeg

has as anyone seen a generic app or program for windows that works with square? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

There is not and likely will not be an app for windows.  Yes, windows can see it as it is a Bluetooth device.

Square works great on our iPads and I would ever want to have a windows computer and screen etc up in retail when the $200 iPad and a $100 stand get it all done.  and technically you don't need the stand if you use an ethernet printer that drives the cash drawer.

Message 2 of 3

Well I own and run a tattoo shop, so having a windows computer running the square app wouldn’t be big deal, and in this industry, not out of the norm. It’s currently running on several iPads, and sometimes a pain. I refuse to buy the stand or register because then that would mean all new iPads since I use the Mini and don’t actually have a dedicated “ checkout” area. Even if square doesn’t want to create one, I’m sure there developers out there who would love to get paid to build one. Also, my computer saw it more than a device, it can be used, but square just doesn’t have a compatible program to run it on. 

Message 3 of 3