x

Woocommerce App Feedback

Hi all

I signed up and am going through the process of adding square to my WooCommerce site, but I am extremely concerned about the plethora of shocking ratings for the WooCommerce app for Square. It seems like the sync between WooCommerce and Square just doesn't work, and so many people have terrible problems. I am really loathe to download the app if it will break my site. I would appreciate any feedback from users of the app to let me know what they think. Is there any way to stop the app from syncing between the site and square, and just processing payments? I don't want to manage inventory in square. Does that make a difference with how well the app works? Thanks for your thoughts and experiences, it's appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @flossymoo,

Thanks for getting in touch!

While I've not used the WooCommerce plugin myself, and this integration is made and supported by WooCommerce rather than Square, my understanding is that you can use it for payments without need for syncing inventory. There's some more info about this here, it looks like you can select or deselect the ability to sync inventories.

Hopefully there are some other sellers who have used the integration and can comment further!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hello, 

I'm also considering this move but need to know the capabilities of the customer syncing. Will my customers sync between the shop and online if I use the Woocommerce/Square feature? 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @yarran,

Thanks for getting in touch! I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

This WooCommerce resource mentions Customer Profiles, but not the extent to which they're synced between Square and WooCommerce. As the integration isn't built out by Square, I'd suggest reaching out to their support team for clarification. Hopefully another Seller using this integration can share their experience here as well! 

Message 4 of 4