x

Would love to hear people's experience when capturing sales in Squares POS for UberEats orders

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Uber Eats

Would love to hear peoples recent experience when capturing sales in Squares POS for UberEats orders. How are you capturing them? What's been your general experience? Any issues with accounting/ book keeping to be aware of. We use QuickBooks but also have an accountant that reconciles all our expenses/ sales.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

My store isn't eligible for UberEats, but I do have a DoorDash account. From what I can tell, the steps would be the same from Square's side though.

Square unfortunately doesn't have a way to factor in Commission fees into your sales directly through their program or the Dashboard. How I get around this issue:

• Ring the sale as it comes in normally.
  • At the end of the day (or week, that's a question for your accountant) close the sale to an Other Payment. I use the name of the third party provider for the name of the Payment
  • DoorDash gives me a weekly payment report stating what fees they took out for commission, tablet rental, order errors, etc. I give that to my bookkeeper who enters the deductions directly into Quickbooks. At the same time, I have created a Daily Operating Report spreadsheet that allows me to track the fees we have deducted from our doordash payments. Our bookkeeper verifies our fees match what DoorDash's fees are before posting.

It's an extra hoop to jump through, but it is saving us the hassle of trying to figure out where all the money is going.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

We use Square Invoicing. We just started UberEats. We are a full service restaurant so we don’t enter into Square at the time of transaction since the ticket prints to the kitchen directly from UberEats. This way the front end staff can focus on in-house tables.  We then use the UberEats Dashboard reports to create a weekly invoice. We do enter each item since we want the item sales data. When we get our ACH payment, we journalize the entire payment to sales, and a subsequent journal entry for fees. And then we post the payment in Square Invoicing. Hope that makes sense. 

Message 3 of 3