x

Would square be compatible with my samsung galaxy tab A?

Would square be compatible with my samsung galaxy tab A? 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Looks like it is compatible.  Make sure it is running Android 4.4 or higher

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Looks like it is compatible.  Make sure it is running Android 4.4 or higher

Message 2 of 6

Julie, did you find the Galaxy Tab A was compatible?  The latest is currently on sale and I would like to use it with the contactless reader.  So far I have not found the definitive answer as to whether it will work.  It has a GPS which my previous tablet lacked, and which prevented its use. 

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

@candoappliances  Not OP but I would suggest joining the Android beta community and lending your voice for more Android compatible devices.  I currently use a Samsung (2 to 3 years old, forget the model) 10" tablet and it works pretty good but definitely can be spotty at times with the Bluetooth and wifi.  They do regular updates to the beta app but more users on the forum might get us more stable apps.

Message 4 of 6

An update for anyone with the same question.  I bought a Samsung Tab A this month on sale, and the Square POS app installs ok and initially seems to work.  I have not started using it as I must familiarize myself with it to the point I can train my employees on procedures.  Also I must enter items and do all the other things.

@cmusicshop  Is the Android beta community you mention on this forum?  I took a quick look and did not find it.

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

@candoappliances Here the link, not sure if you have to be invited by a mod or not

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Beta-Android/gp-p/AndroidPOS

Message 6 of 6