x

Year end summary for customers

Hi

It would be very useful if square could send out a calendar year summary of transactions to all 'active' customers. Very similar to credit cards sending out year-end summary. This feature would be very helpful for non-profit organization (like ours) to issue year-end donation receipts. Square has all the necessary information - transactions, customer info including email. Including the customer name in the donation receipt along with all the transactions - including amounts and type (check/cash/credit) with any notes (such as check #) would be very very valuable.

-sri

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

It seems like that would be Square customer specific.  I'm going to guess that their non profit customers aren't nearly as many as their for profit customers.  While it might help on your end, in my opinion, it would also put Square in an awkward situation.  They would be fielding questions about specific sales/donations to your business that they wouldn't be able to answer if there were ever a problem with your receipt.  While I like the idea, my opinion is that it might not be feasible.  It would be better coming from you and your return address.

Message 2 of 5

I am not a non-profit. I own a family child care business, and need year end summaries for parents who need totals of how much they paid in tuition fees for their children. I don't see a way to create a simple report based on customers, at least the active ones, and a summary of how much they paid.

The past few years that I've been using Square, I've had to go to my "Customer Directory", change the "All Customers" to "Regulars". Then I select individual parents, and scroll down to the side-window that pops up to the "Activity" field (I can't use the "Total Spent" summary Square provides, because some parents have been with us for over 3 years) and sort through the years of payments and fish out the payments they made last year, add them up and make my own report in some other application like Word. It doesn't look professional, and it doesn't consistantly show that Square Logo on the report that parents have trusted for years to make payments through for their childcare services.

Yes, a parent could get this information themselves, but when they present us with a W-10 (Dependant Care Provider's Identification and Certification) and their child care expenditures for tax purposes, WE are required by law to provide this information or face a $50 fine.

The Square commercial of a child care provider/teacher swiping a parents card, indicated to me that this platform was not just for restaurant, retail, industry, but also for service providers, like child care providers. I will copy this post and send it to Square for a response on what we can do about this major accounting issue for Square business customers, like myself.

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

I agree that having a year end report per client or customer would be very helpful. I have a business in healthcare and people often want a statement of all there appointments for the year with a total and all the dates of the appointments. 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @FarinaTherapist

Right now, you can see a Buyer Summary under each customer in your Dashboard. There is an option to print the customer, so all of the buyer information will be available in one area. 

Go to the Customer > Click the three dots in the right corner > Print Customer 

If you want a more specific report, you can submit a Feature Request to the Ideate Board for our Product Team. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5