x

block client phone number from appointment app (employees)

Hi. I had to fire 1 employee. she was contacting clients in the appointments mobile app and pretty much stealing them and having them go to another location for the same services so she can pocket all the money. we do mostly lash extension services here. I hate how the employees have access to the clients telephone # in the app.  please is their a way we can hide client's telephone # in the mobile app. I know the shedul app from another company offers this.  the only thing necessary for employees is the clients name, appointment date/time, and service requested. nothing else should matter or be accessible to them. 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @lynettelashes thank you for posting! I hear your frustration in this situation as it can be really stressful when things like this happen with employees. At this time, this is a feature request to be able to hide customer phone numbers from appointments as the Development Team originally wanted customers to be able to be contacted if they were running late. 

I do think your feedback on this is so important though and I will be sure to push this feedback to our Development Team. 

Thank you for your time and please let me know if you have any other questions.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @lynettelashes thank you for posting! I hear your frustration in this situation as it can be really stressful when things like this happen with employees. At this time, this is a feature request to be able to hide customer phone numbers from appointments as the Development Team originally wanted customers to be able to be contacted if they were running late. 

I do think your feedback on this is so important though and I will be sure to push this feedback to our Development Team. 

Thank you for your time and please let me know if you have any other questions.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

This is definitely needed in Square Appointments. I should be able to determine whether a service provider can view clients' email and phone numbers. There should be toggles for each one. 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Thank you for voicing your support for this, @TCSlaguna. Hopefully this is something we can add! In the meantime, one workaround would be to deactivate the employee.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 4 of 7

There definitely needs to be a toggle to block employees from seeing client phone numbers and emails. They only need name and appt times/dates. It makes it really easy to swipe clients.

Message 5 of 7

Is it possible to prevent someone from scheduling through the app? Thanks in advance. 

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey @ChrisBellissimo!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Please take a look at the best answer in this thread for some insight into your question. Let me know if anything else comes up! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 7