x

book button instagram

When trying to connect square to instagrams book button it pops up with 'cant connect to appointments for square' 'we're having trouble linking appointments for square to instagram. please try again.'

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

same thing happens when i try connecting square appts to my facebook business page

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Hey @Studiobeauty,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with Appointments integrations!

This can be a bit of a tough one to troubleshoot - we're not able to look into your Square account via our Community Forum, and it also depends on how your Instagram/Facebook accounts have been set up. The things I'd suggest looking at are:

- Are the Instagram and Facebook profiles set as business profiles?

- Is the Square account you're using activated for card payments?

For the latter, you can check in with out support team on 1800 760 137, the former will require you to check with those respective platforms.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 7

Hi Seamus,

Is there a way to link book now button on my wix to a specific appointment and not have the client go through a list of other things i offer before they find the one they want?

Example i offer service A, B , C under location AA and A, B,E,F under location BB and have embeded a full schedule but the process to select from there is time consuming. 1st select location, then scroll through services and then select. I cant even change location order in the dropdown list (is that possible?)

I would like to have a button for service A and when client clicks book now, it goes directly to book that service in square and nothing else is shown. is that possible? How? or at least if client had to select location but then was shown only service A would work too. Thanks

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @janiemac,

We don't have the ability to link to specific appointments at the moment, so the booking flow would take your client through choosing a location, then chose the service they'd like to book.

You could create a location for each service, although this workaround might be a bit clunky if you've got a long list of services. The order your locations are listed in can't be edited at this time. 

Can you let us know a bit more about how you'd use this feature in your day so we can pass it on as a feature request? 

Message 5 of 7

thank you @Arie. i was hoping to remove to number of clicks the client has to do and scrolling through a long list. say i offer massage, so on my massage page client clicks book now and it takes to the dates straight away as opposed to a list of all services i offer.

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for clarifying this @janiemac, I see what you mean now! 

I'll pass this onto the Square Appointments team for consideration. In the meantime, you could arrange the order of the services you offer, to put your most popular or preferred services on top of the list. 

To rearrange the order services are listed in:

1. From the Online Booking tab in your Square Appointments dashboard, click Visibility & Display.

2. Click and drag the services to rearrange the order they're displayed in.

3. Click Save.

Message 7 of 7