x

can you sync square inventory with xero inventory so that quantities are automatically adjusted?

I have been thinking about switching my accounting from Quickbooks to Xero to streamline everything. I cannot find any information on the Xero website about syncing inventory so that everything automatically updates with a sale or at least at the end of day. I am trying to figure out the best and least expensive way to sync my weebly website (I might switch to the square online store), my square POS, and my accounting together.  Any suggestions would be great!

Karen

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

@sustainableware

It does not seem that Xero has this functionality yet, and this is a Feature Request that would be owned by Xero.  While researching this request, I came upon this thread with some useful information from our partners at Xero.

https://community.xero.com/business/discussion/10327264

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 9

Thank you for that link, it answers my question. It looks like it is still a no go for switching over to Xero. My second option is switching to a cheaper plan in Quickbooks that doesn't track inventory and get a separate app for inventory that will at least sync with weebly and square.

Message 3 of 9

I am looking for a similar solution "....syncing inventory so that everything automatically updates with a sale or at least at the end of day."

What did you finally decide to do??

Message 4 of 9
Square Community Moderator

hey there @dp2012 

It seems that you have been waiting for an answer to your question for a couple of days now and I didn't want your question to fall through the cracks.

Have you visited our App Market Place? There you will find all of our approved Integrations that other Services have submitted to us. If you haven't it might be a good place to start. 

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 9
Super Seller

@dp2012 ;

What I have done was set up my beginning inventory in QB's.  At the end of the day, I export my Square Sales and my online sales from other sources to CSV files.  Then I open Transaction Pro Importer (TPI) to import my Square Sales as a Sales Receipt to QuickBooks, when that is complete I use TPI to do the same for my online sales from their csv file(s).  When that is done I can export my inventory from QuickBooks and upload them to Online and Square.  the big thing I had to learn with this was that the Items all had to match from Online, Square and QuickBooks.  I actually use Excel and Power Query to automatically format my CSV files to line up with TPI to import to QuickBooks then again I use Power Query to line the QuickBooks Inventory to my Online sites format and to Squares Format.   This is not automatic but saves me a lot of time and it actually enters each Item in QuickBooks not just some generic item as Daily Sales or by category.  Now if I could have Square export my daily Transactions and Items sales reports to my cloud drive at a specified time I could save more time.   🙂

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for the great post here @Candlestore!

Cloud backups or exports is something I believe is a feature we dream all companies would do, especially Square! I will make sure to flag this interest!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 9
Super Seller

@JJ_ ;

Yea would be nice to have a scheduled backup or export of some data to a Google Drive or the Office equivalent.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for the feedback. I am hoping to find something a bit more automatic.  Those are a lot of steps.

I am migrating from MindBody / Booker due to cost; however, they have a very robust and integrated solution which I like.

Does anyone else have feedback regarding how you are handling inventory updates in with Xero, Quickbooks, or something else?

Message 9 of 9