x
Beta Member

cash drawer counting feature request

As a feature to future iterations of the Appointments and Sales apps - entry of actual counted cash would be amazing! I currently use a customized spreadsheet for this activity - beats pen and paper - based on each cash denomination. (Ex: 20s/16= $160, Qs/41= $10.25... etc.) A simple counting feature to the existing cash drawer portion would eliminate this extra step. As both an owner and operator of my very busy company, this eliminates counting errors and increases accountability of employees, as well as immediate feedback of shortage/overage. Thank you!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

I second this request.  My attendants count each denomination and total it; it would be a great convenience to do away with the paper and calculator.

Message 2 of 16
Beta Member

We also need this feature. We have 3 retail stores and this would help tremendously during close down procedures. 

Message 3 of 16

Please do this

CHANGE              COUNT                BILLS          COUNT           Today’s Date

Dollar Coins        _______              100s          _______           00   00   0000
Half Dollars         _______                50s          _______
Quarters              _______                20s          _______           Grand Total             _______
Dimes                   _______                  5s          _______           Expected                 _______
Pennies                _______                  2s          _______           Over (Under)           _______
                                                               1s          _______           Starting Cash          _______

Totals                   _______                                _______           Deposit                    _______

And, where is the option to print the receipt on the new equipment version? We need that for the Accountant.

Thank you from Small Business got enough Headaches in America right now.

Message 4 of 16

Would like this feature as well

Message 5 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out and adding your voice in support of this Feature Request, @Thepuffexpress. If any changes come to drawer counting in the future, we will bounce back here and let you know.

Cheers!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 16
Beta Member

I created a JotForm to count my drawer. I’d be willing to upload it to the JotForm marketplace if anyone is interested & if anyone else uses that app? Saves me a ton of time and reduces errors. Looking forward to it being embedded in Square tho... 😊

Message 7 of 16

Thanks for jumping in here and sharing your workaround, @kuttersedge! Definitely helpful for others to see what has worked for certain Sellers. 

Joe
Message 8 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

One thing we would love to have is a count down of the drawer similar to these. The employee enters the quantities of each and it automatically calculates the total in the drawer, then subtract out the $500 starting cash we keep in the drawer, and each day should be opened at $500.

we currently are having to use an excel spreadsheet to do this now since moving to square register. We would love the end of day/drawer close report, show the opening cash, cash transactions, expected in drawer, deposit amount (total minus opening cash) the control deposit bag number, etc on the drawer close report, then when the last drawer count is completed it would ask would you like to make an end of day deposit? You’d say yes if this was at closing, then it would pop up with a section to enter the deposit bag numbers and their amounts then it would total the entire cash deposit and print a ticket showing each bag number and amount to include in the deposit for the bank to be able to verify each bag is correct. And it would save a deposit record for us to be able to pull and see the amounts deposited and then can be verified by the deposit receipts from the bank.

BF14D6DF-52CB-48FE-899E-C9F832EC5005.jpeg

D6F3441A-BDC0-4706-9B76-CF14922472DF.png

39248904-F811-4BE6-A321-9225DC4AADEB.png

F26EA971-661D-4D1E-9D09-4398E8375E43.png

Message 9 of 16

Hey @Adamscottsmith -- this too has been an ongoing feature request. I'm moving your post over to the Seller Community's thread to ensure you're notified of any new updates to this much needed feature!

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 10 of 16

Where do I sign the petition for this add?!

Message 11 of 16

@AGoodCookie Commenting on this feature request is all you need to do. Also, welcome to the Seller Community!!

AshleyK
Message 12 of 16
Beta Member

Definitely a needed addition. Count my vote

Message 13 of 16

Did this ever happen?  We own a restaurant and we are struggling with our employees counting correctly at the end of the day.  Our old system, Cake, had a denomination counter and it allowed them to be accurate with out trying.  We really need this feature!

Message 14 of 16
Super Seller

I have the same problem with my wife counting the deposits to the bank.  She is usually off.  It got so bad that after she would count it, I would count it.  Say I got something else you count it again.  Now here new number would not match either of the 2 previous counts.  Then she would say you count it again, ok.... comes to my original number.  She counts it again and has a completely new number and says I am making her nervous.  

I said you are counting the entire deposit which is wrong.   Count the 1's then count the 5's then count the 10's etc

Write those numbers down then multiple.  If you count it a second time you can figure out where the problem is, if you are off by say $20, you know you miss counted the 20's.

She then gets mad and says this is how I did it 30 yrs ago in fast food..... I say back and were you always wrong then too..... that's how the fight started ...   LOL

So I agree Square should ask how many pennies, nickels, dimes, 1's, 5's, 10's etc are in the drawer.  But what is a good stopping point?  I do not want to always be answering 0 for $500 or $1000 bills etc., but I understand some businesses may need that to count a drawer.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 15 of 16

Hey there @THEPODGRETNA I am sorry you are running into this issue as well. We are making some changes to our feature request process so I will ask if you can actually post on our Ideate Board, which is where we will track the requests. When submitting please keep in mind we do have specific criteria the request must meet in order to be accepted. Please provide as much detail as possible on your business need for this feature. We will monitor and provide updates on the request through there. Thanks again @Candlestore for your input on this, that makes a lot of sense as well. I appreciate you guys taking the time to reach out!  

Message 16 of 16