x
Beta Member

change order

Hi all

Hope everyone is well

Been using Square for a very long time,

There are areas I wish as a contractor that works on all size projects that would be available.

The one area that has been really critical is being able to keep track of changes or additional work on projects

It would be amazing if there was a subset attached to an existing estimate and or invoice  that would allow me to send the customer a change order with pending approval and an additional amount tabulated with a secondary deposit to cover the cost of the additional work

If anyone has a workaround for that would be very helpful

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Hi there @Jhm - I just want to make sure I'm understanding what you're asking here before I try to respond.

It sounds like you would like to know if it is possible to edit an already paid invoice (or estimate) in order to charge a client an additional amount for a given project - does that sound like what you're trying to do, or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Traditionally in the construction trades if as customer makes a mid project change that is called a change order.

Generally the change is written up as a ticket summited to the customer pending approval.

depending on the size and work that is required a separate deposit is collected.

With your new project feature, this would seem to me like the next logical step

As the project progresses the change orders are merged with the existing open invoice 

allowing toe customer to see the additional work they have requested so number one it has been documented and number two they aren't surprised at the end if there are overages from there approved requests.

I cant tell you how many time customer try deny adding additional work.

This allows a failsafe for the owner should this issue arise.

Thanks

Jon

Message 3 of 3