x

Square Marketing: Why aren't my customers 'reachable'?

Has anyone had the following problem with Square reachable customers: Your list says you have 800 reachable, but once you assign them to a group they are no longer in the reachable category. I have assigned a brand new customer who was labeled reachable and as soon as I said save the reachable disappeared. I whitled down my list from 800 to less than 400 by assigning them to a group and watching the result. It's not a huge amount of money I now save $10 a month on engagement, but if you are wondering why your open rate on email is very low, I think it is because you are sending to 800 but only 500 actually get the email. I have had customers considered reachable on my list for YEARS who really weren't.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

It is possible some of reachable clients have unsubscribed or classified communication as spam.  While the list shows reachable once a communication is set into motion it moves them into unreachable to avoid serving a client that doesn't want communication.

Message 2 of 3

That may be some of it but if you download the reachable customer list you’ll see a column where they have unsubscribed but still come up as reachable until you assign them to a group. Just very misleading. 

Message 3 of 3