x

discount problem

I have set up discounts so that a discount applies when purchasing from a specific category of products.

The issue I have it discounts even when purchasing a single item.  I want it to apply the discount only when purchasing 2 or more products.

Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @shadoblixfarm,

I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

You can specify that more than one item needs to be purchased via the discount rules in your Discounts Dashboard - can you let us know if you've set up any discount rules yet, and what the conditions for your discounts are? I'll keep an eye out for your reply. Like this, I can provide step-by-step instructions on how to proceed. 

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the reply...

What I am trying to do...

I sell tea blends and spice mixes, each in their own category.... each are $7

I also sell other products.

I want to set up a discount so that when a customer buys 1 spice or tea blend they are charged $7 but if they buy 2 or more spice or tea blends they get a discount of  $0.50 off each item (but only the tea and spice blends), not any of the other items I am selling.

Message 3 of 6

That's definitely something you can achieve, @shadoblixfarm. Here's how:

1. Sign in to your dashboard and head to Items > Discounts.

2. Select an existing discount, or create a new one

3. Add a name, and percentage-based, or dollar-based discount amounts, then toggle discount rules on.

4. Under Apply discount to and select Quantity

5. Enter the number of items that would need to be purchased as well as the eligible items and categories.

6. Next you can add more parameters to the discount, e.g a schedule for when the discount is available. 

7. Click save once you're done!

I hope this helps, please let me know how you go 🙂

Message 4 of 6

is there a way to have the discount NOT apply to any modifiers / options - such as larger sizes

cajun spice mix 50g - $7.00 - .50 discount on 2 or more (set up and working fine)

cajun spice mix 150g - $12 - NO discount  (currently the .50 discount is applying to all variations)

The only way "I" can see for this not happening is to create a completely different category (such as "larger sizes") and have the larger options added to that and not have the discount applied to category?

Message 5 of 6

Hello, @shadoblixfarm  at this time discounts cannot be restricted outside of their rules (if they are automatic discounts). In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Point of Sale. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6