x

Does Square suggest an app for email marketing in Canada?

Hi there,

We are a Canadian charity that uses square reader as our POS.  We would like to be able to obtain customer emails at the time of sale for marketing purposes.  To do this we need a way for the customers to provide consent for us to reach out to them.  I understand this feature is not available yet in Canada via square.  Is there an app that you suggest for this function that is easy to use?

Message 1 of 7
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: does square suggest an app for email marketing in Canada?

@therawcarrot

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community! Glad to have you here.

You can add emails to the Customer Directory manually through your Customer Profiles. At this time that is a little cumbersome as some of our Email Collection tools that are available in the States has not made it to our Canadian Sellers yet.

If you find a service that fits your needs for now- collecting those emails will prove useful.  We're able to import emails into your directory, so when Square Marketing does launch in CA, we'd be able to help you import those collected emails, and use Square to reach those customers you've been collecting with other providers.

Hopefully one of our Canadian sellers will be able to provide some suggestions to you for reaching your sellers now. I do believe MailChimp is available in Canada, and their email collection format is importable to our Directory.

6 REPLIES 6
Admin

@therawcarrot

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community! Glad to have you here.

You can add emails to the Customer Directory manually through your Customer Profiles. At this time that is a little cumbersome as some of our Email Collection tools that are available in the States has not made it to our Canadian Sellers yet.

If you find a service that fits your needs for now- collecting those emails will prove useful.  We're able to import emails into your directory, so when Square Marketing does launch in CA, we'd be able to help you import those collected emails, and use Square to reach those customers you've been collecting with other providers.

Hopefully one of our Canadian sellers will be able to provide some suggestions to you for reaching your sellers now. I do believe MailChimp is available in Canada, and their email collection format is importable to our Directory.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 7

Hi there, 
I am also looking for an integrated email automation for my business here in Canada. Do you have an ETA on when this will be launching in Canada? I would definitely like to see this brought forward. 
Thank you, 
Cher Compton

Message 3 of 7
Admin

@DragonflyM

Hi there!

We do not have a release date for this, but will continue to track your requests here for Square Marketing in CA. It's a popular request.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 4 of 7

Have you figured any third-party option for this? A tad ridiculous that this simple function only exists in America... 

Message 5 of 7
Admin

I'm sorry for the frustration @Jackie5. If you go to the App Marketplace section of your online Square Dashboard you'll see more information about the MailChimp integration with Square.

If we add any other third-party marketing options we'll announce it and you'll see them in that section of your Dashboard too! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

@Jackie5 it isn't just software, the privacy laws in Canada are different (and in many cases better) so they can't just copy the same setup from the USA.  In other words the technology exists to collect the emails but the hoops they have to jump through for protecting and using the information are more complicated.

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 7 of 7