x

eGift Cards: Need detailed receipts with the name and contact info for the purchaser and recipient

Hi,

I am trying to get used to gift cards and collecting information from the sale of the cards so I can look them up in the event that a customer/recipent of a card cannot find their email/code.  It sounds like some others have had issues with this, since there are not emails sent to us, when someone purchases a gift card from us.  I also looked up the "reciept" of my first gift card sale, and found that it included NO information that would be helpful in the event that someone cannot find their email, because it doesn't show the names of the recipient, or their contact information so that we can contact anyone in case there are issues with their purchase.  Can we please get more detailed receipts that list the name and contact information for the purchaser and recipient, or at least both of their names so we can attempt to look up their information if we have difficulties?

Also, it says that a 16 digit code is what we enter to redeem their egift card, but that number was also not included on the receipt that I looked at in my account. Why aren't we shown the code so that we can match up numbers when people come in, to the numbers in our receipts? I just feel like this was designed to be easy, but I feel like it is only easy for the customers and sounds like a mess on the merchant side of the story. I don't want to look like an ill prepared business, when I cant find information that seems like it should be available to me when someone purchases a gift card.

please help remedy this issue

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Thank you for your detailed post @SereneStrength. I thought your post was deserving of it's own thread so I moved it, I hope that's OK! 😊 

A customer profile should automatically be created if when the eGift Card is sold online. As soon as the recipient receives the email, a customer profile (associated with that email address) is created - and you should be able to add them to the sale in order to charge the eGift card as card on file (so you don't need the redemption code). If that's not happening can you call our CS team so we can investigate? (Keep in mind a customer profile is not created for the recipient if the eGift Card is sold from the app - but you could create profile for the sender.) 

I also wanted to mention that can view an eGift Cards overview from your online Square Dashboard. From there you can see the balance of a card (and clear it if you need to) and view the recipient's email address. But by the sounds of it you'd prefer everything to be in the app so you can quickly access it to charge a new customer. 

I'll share your feedback with the eGift Card team that you'd like to receive an email each time an eGift Card is sold, and that you need a better way to manage eGift Cards from the app too. Thanks for raising this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 3

Im trying to pull up egift card details, specifically, full ecard #, balance.  Nowhere am I able to pull up full card #.  Also, would like to have more detail added to reports.  "Detailed" report doesn't show a whole lot of detail.  

Message 3 of 3