x

eGift Cards: Some eGift cards are not being delivered to their recipients

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: egift failures

I've received a number of complaints this week about egifts not delivered to their recipients. I'm resending them from the dashboard, but obviously this is a concern. It's not a case of wrong email accounts or spam filters so I believe it must be something else. It's very difficult for the purchaser to know if its been delivered until they ask the recipient. Anyone else seeing this? What is the best practice to mitigate?

Thanks, 

Keith

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @KD-POMODORI 

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. We have seen a few reports regarding this issue, and actually posted about it on issquareup.com a few days ago.

Here's the suggested troubleshooting for those who are not receiving the egift card emails:

1. Check your Other inbox (rather than Focused inbox). This is mainly for Outlook users.
2. Check and/or empty your junk email folder - if your inbox is full, you won't receive new messages, including gift cards.
3. Check inbox filters and view all messages - check that the date sorting includes the date of the email missing.
4. Check your Blocked Senders and Safe Senders lists.
5. Check for any Inbox Rules that may have rejected this email.
6. Your account may be temporarily blocked or suspended - contact provider support for more info.

If these steps do not work, please have the recipient reach out to their email provider. If the provider indicates there is a particular reason for email rejection, please feel free to reply back in this thread so we can pass the information along to our Engineering Team that is continuing to investigate this issue. 

Thanks again, and so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @KD-POMODORI 

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. We have seen a few reports regarding this issue, and actually posted about it on issquareup.com a few days ago.

Here's the suggested troubleshooting for those who are not receiving the egift card emails:

1. Check your Other inbox (rather than Focused inbox). This is mainly for Outlook users.
2. Check and/or empty your junk email folder - if your inbox is full, you won't receive new messages, including gift cards.
3. Check inbox filters and view all messages - check that the date sorting includes the date of the email missing.
4. Check your Blocked Senders and Safe Senders lists.
5. Check for any Inbox Rules that may have rejected this email.
6. Your account may be temporarily blocked or suspended - contact provider support for more info.

If these steps do not work, please have the recipient reach out to their email provider. If the provider indicates there is a particular reason for email rejection, please feel free to reply back in this thread so we can pass the information along to our Engineering Team that is continuing to investigate this issue. 

Thanks again, and so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 11

I’m seeing lots of instances of ecard emails not being received by recipients. Super frustrating for both customer and me.  Why are they not going thru?

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Hey @Baking1-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Really sorry to hear that you're being impacted by this. Please take a look at my best answer in this thread for more insight. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 11

We are experiencing similar issues. We recently set up our e-gift card store front and while testing it internally found that the receipts and gift emails are not going to hotmail account holders but it is going through to gmail account holders and outlook account holders.  I checked the spam inbox for hotmail and nothing was there. I also checked the hotmail settings and there was nothing out of the ordinary.  Let me know if your engineering team was able to resolve.

Message 5 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MARTINCHAW,

Our engineering team confirmed this has to do with the customer's email providers.

The best troubleshooting step to take is having them contact their email provider to assist with pushing these emails through. Most cases have been successful in doing that. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

Thanks for the tips, but unfortunately this is a lot of work for the customer to take on. I've had a one who just wants their money back instead of jumping through hoops. Is there a way we can get the redemption code and just send that to them so we can keep them as a customer? 

Message 7 of 11
Alumni

Hi @MittenBeach,

Thanks for posting in the community. By redemption code, do you mean full eGift Card number?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 11
Beta Member

Yes the full e-gift card number. Thanks. 

Message 9 of 11
Alumni

@MittenBeach,

Understood. Currently the only way of receiving those numbers would be to contact our Customer Success Team. They might be able to get you the full PAN after verifying your information and escalating this to our engineers. 

Feel free to reach them via email here, or by giving them a call at 1 (855) 700-6000 (Monday-Friday, 6am-6pm PST) - but you'll also need your customer code.  The steps to look up your code are here.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 11
Beta Member

Thanks for your reply. I’ll look into it. 

Message 11 of 11