x

gift card

I have a company that is willing to buy all there employees a $25 gift card - So if i purchase 100 of these cards and load $25.00 on them, it will not cost me anything except the price of the cards to do this, correct? But when they come in to use one - I will not actaully collect the $25 - so if there bill is $50 and they use the gift card and then say another one of their credit cards, I'll collect the $25 from thier credit card on my daily deposit. - Am I think correctly?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Yes you’re right. 

You will receive all the funds from the gift cards the day they are loaded, but it won’t affect your Gross Sales for the day. When the customer comes back in with the card and redeems it, you won’t pay any fees on the GC part of the transaction. Any remaining balance paid will be deposited into your account as part of the daily sales. 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Yes you’re right. 

You will receive all the funds from the gift cards the day they are loaded, but it won’t affect your Gross Sales for the day. When the customer comes back in with the card and redeems it, you won’t pay any fees on the GC part of the transaction. Any remaining balance paid will be deposited into your account as part of the daily sales. 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2