x

hardware issues

Here we are again all my hardware keeps disconnecting. This is really frustrating. HOW LONG?????

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MADBros

Was this an ongoing issue that you were experiencing? Is this related to the issues outlined in the existing thread Known Issues with iOS 12.1 ?

If so, we haven't received an updated release version from Apple that contains a fix as of yet. Once they release the fix, we'll do some testing on our end and chime in the existing thread to let everyone know it's fully resolved. 

Message 2 of 4

Not really i do not have any charging issues. My system continues to not recognize my drawer scanner and some times my printer. I then must go an unplug my devices and plug them back in for the squarestand recognizes them again. It is super annoying and happens every time there is a update. I am getting really frustrated like I kind of pay for these services.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

That sounds to be related to the ongoing issue with that iOS version unfortunately. Peripheral accessories such as the ones you mentioned would not be able to connect since the iPad itself is having trouble connecting as well. 

The workaround that is suggested in the existing thread is to remove the iPad and reinsert it into your Square Stand, which you're already doing. 

Check out that thread and try some of the tips mentioned. Hopefully Apple releases a fix for this soon, and we'll update that thread once we confirm that it's fully resolved. 

Message 4 of 4