x

How do I return a Square product?

I purchased the wrong Square credit card reader. I purchased the basic one and now realize I need to purchase the one for $299 - but I don't need the old one I just bought and want to return it but don't know where to return it to. Should it go back to the address from where it was sent? It was sent by Purolator, not from Square headquarters.

Thank you very much for your time!

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @cognizant ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you. So sorry for the confusion surrounding returning your hardware! We are here to help.

There is a 30-day return policy on all hardware purchased directly from Square.

To return your hardware:

1. Locate your Order ID number on your original order confirmation email.
  2. Complete the return form.
  3. Use the prepaid shipping label to send back your hardware.
  4. Include all cords, the original packaging, and the original packing slip with your return.
  5. When your return has been received (with all of the original hardware included), youโ€™ll receive a refund that should post in 5-7 business days.

Note: Make sure to use the shipping label we provide when you complete the return flow. We use different facilities to process returns depending on the hardware type โ€” the return label provided will contain the correct shipping address for your return.

Square products purchased through third-party retailers must be returned according to the return and refund policy of the retailer.

Let me know if you have any remaining questions! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Best Answer

Hi there, @cognizant ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you. So sorry for the confusion surrounding returning your hardware! We are here to help.

There is a 30-day return policy on all hardware purchased directly from Square.

To return your hardware:

1. Locate your Order ID number on your original order confirmation email.
  2. Complete the return form.
  3. Use the prepaid shipping label to send back your hardware.
  4. Include all cords, the original packaging, and the original packing slip with your return.
  5. When your return has been received (with all of the original hardware included), youโ€™ll receive a refund that should post in 5-7 business days.

Note: Make sure to use the shipping label we provide when you complete the return flow. We use different facilities to process returns depending on the hardware type โ€” the return label provided will contain the correct shipping address for your return.

Square products purchased through third-party retailers must be returned according to the return and refund policy of the retailer.

Let me know if you have any remaining questions! 

Joe
Message 2 of 11

Hi Joe,

Awesome service!

Thank you very much.

Have a great Day!

Sincerely,

Cognizant (Dean)

Message 3 of 11

No problem, @cognizant! Let us know if anything else comes up! We are here to help.

Joe
Message 4 of 11

Hi Joe,

I put in the correct Order number (in the return form) and correct email

It says its the wrong Order number. So, I'm screwed. I'll just bite the bullet and keep the device I don't need (and wanted to return) - and purchase the one for $299 that I still need,

Is the order Number and Order ID the same?

Thanks,

Dean

Message 5 of 11

Hi there, @cognizant! So sorry for the trouble with your return.

Your order number should be a 9 digit number following either a US- or a CA- depending on whether your order shipped to the U.S. or Canada. Please ensure you are including the dash with the full letters and numbers presented!

If you still continue to have issues, please reach out to our Support Team directly for further troubleshooting. Hope this gets you where you need to be! 

Joe
Message 6 of 11

Thanks Joe - I'll re-check!

Best Regards!

Message 7 of 11

Sounds good! Keep us updated, @cognizant

Joe
Message 8 of 11

I give up I think

I just put in the CORRECT number - CA-375210406 

and still it is "no good" and rejected

Best,

Dean

Message 9 of 11

Hi again, @cognizant. Has it been more than 30 days since you've purchased the hardware you are trying to return? We do have a limit for returns by a 30 day cap.

If you are continuing to experience issues, we recommend reaching out to our Support Team

Joe
Message 10 of 11

under a month - I'll contact the support Team.

What I'm trying to return is worth about $100 - and I've put in about $150 of effort so far in the process...I'll wager..

Best,

Dean

Message 11 of 11