x

how to apply a discount to a single item instead of entire order

how do I apply a discount to a single item instead of entire order?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

After selecting the "issue refund" simply enter the total dollar amount you wish to refund.  The difference will be calculated and left alone. It automatically defaults to the entire amount. You can then add a description of your refund - select the "Other" option and describe what item is being refunded. You would think square would remove this preset and default to zero. Unfortunately, they assume every transaction is the same.  

Message 2 of 6

can any one post the appropriate answer

How to apply the discount on single line?

e.g if I have three items and would like to apply a discount on to the middle line or product , how to apply that?

Message 3 of 6

Sorry, looks like by response was attached to the wrong questions. You asked 'how to apply a discount to a single item instead of entire order."  I too have this question. The only way I have been able to do this is add a notation to a new item (Item #1 Reg. $2.50), then make the actual cost the discounted amount. It is unfortunate we do not have the fredom to set it up that way. Hope they add a feature soon.

Message 4 of 6

I am trying to do this exact same thing. The latest update to the square terminal states that you can click on one line item, "toggle" to discounts, and apply.  There is no discount showing when clicking on the one line item, only the opportunity to increase/decrease quantity.  Can anyone explain how this update works?

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hi @LEWroxy, thanks for your post! 

To apply a discount to the specific item on the Square Terminal: 

-Ensure you have discounts set up: Square Terminal > More > Items > Discounts > Create discount. 

After confirming your discount is ready: 

-Head to the checkout screen on Square Terminal > select the item you want to discount > scroll to the bottom of the pop up screen for that item > discounts > toggle on relevant discount > hit 'add' in the top right hand corner. 

This will apply a discount to only that specific item, the discount will not be added to any items that selected after, unless you manually add the discount to them too. 

I hope this helps 🙂 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 6 of 6