x

iOS 15 reader not working

So I upgraded my devices to iOS 15. Now the reader won’t connect. Will there be a square update? cos the reader’s asking for one that doesn’t exist right now!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Hey @moodyhair ! Thanks for posting in the Community.

We were experiencing some issues with reader connectivity and the iOS 15 update for Apple devices. The issue has since been resolved. Please let us know if you are still having trouble connecting! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 11

Im having the same Issue I just updated to iPadOS 15 this morning and now it keeps saying I need to update Point of Sale

Message 3 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @GalaxyMovies,

Sorry to hear about the trouble here! Please try deleting, and reinstalling the app, then, pair the Square Reader again. Please report back on how you go 🙂

Message 4 of 11

That work great thank you very much.

Message 5 of 11
Beta Member

I would also like to know how to resolve this. I keep getting an update Pos message, but there is no update on the App Store.  I need an urgent fix

Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

Tried updating app. Reset my device, forgot the reader and tried to reconnect. Still saying update pos

Message 7 of 11

Same here, the POS app wants an update and I’m on v5.75, the latest one as far as I know. Deleting and reinstalling did not work for me. I’m on iPhone 13.

Message 8 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Aikon,

Just saw your post in the other thread. Thanks for giving these troubleshooting steps a go, and sorry to hear you're still having trouble with your app and reader. When you get a chance, please reach out to our team via 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time). 

Message 9 of 11

Yes i am having the same trouble please help quickly I can’t take anyone’s money via square?????

Message 10 of 11
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @Janie11 and sorry to hear you're running into this. 

Can you please ensure that your device is running iOS 14 and then updating the Square Point of Sale app to version 6.8.2 via the app store?

From there, follow the steps below:

Open Square Point of Sale App:
1) Settings > Hardware > Card Readers > forget all card readers
2. Force-quit Square Point of Sale App
3. Open device settings
4. Navigate to Bluetooth
5. Forget all Square Readers
6. Hold the button on the reader until the lights flash red
7. Reboot the Device
8. Re-launch Square Point of Sale app, wait 1-2 minutes, and re-pair the reader. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 11 of 11