x

iPad 7th Generation and Square Stand

Does anybody know if the current version of the Square stand work with the newly announced 7th gen iPad?  If not is there a plan to update the Square stand?

Just curious for the future.

Message 1 of 44
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

The next iPad coming out Sept 30 will not be compatible with the Square stand as it is 9.8" x 6.8" vs the previous standard size of 9.4" x 6.6", so it will not fit in the stand.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @cbenson

At the time, it doesn't look like that iPad is listed as compatible.

The list of compatible iPads for the Stand is as follows: 

• iPad (6th generation 2018)
  • iPad (5th generation 2017)
  • iPad Pro 9.7”
  • iPad Air 2
  • iPad Air (1st generation 2013)

The charging port and size of the newer iPads are a tad bit different so they're unfortunately not compatible with the Stand for those reasons.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Super Seller

Best Answer

The next iPad coming out Sept 30 will not be compatible with the Square stand as it is 9.8" x 6.8" vs the previous standard size of 9.4" x 6.6", so it will not fit in the stand.

Message 2 of 44

Best Answer

Hi @cbenson

At the time, it doesn't look like that iPad is listed as compatible.

The list of compatible iPads for the Stand is as follows: 

• iPad (6th generation 2018)
  • iPad (5th generation 2017)
  • iPad Pro 9.7”
  • iPad Air 2
  • iPad Air (1st generation 2013)

The charging port and size of the newer iPads are a tad bit different so they're unfortunately not compatible with the Stand for those reasons.

Ashley C
Message 3 of 44
Beta Member

I just received my 6th generation iPad, which square said is compatible, but it doesn’t fit. It’s too small for the opening. 

It seems there is only one size stand?

Message 4 of 44
Alumni

Hey there @reclaimedspirit - Yikes sorry to hear this 😖

Is your iPad  9.7 inches on its diagonal? If so, it should definitely fit. 

Make sure you're using the newer stand we currently sell on our Shop, not the the one for iPad 2 or iPad 3rd generation. 

If you're indeed using the newer stand and your iPad is the right size, call into Support so they can help you set it up.

Justin
Message 5 of 44

Probably has mini! Since any full size iPad up to and including Gen 6 is compatible

Message 6 of 44
Alumni

@GotVinylOnline

Thanks for jumping in here. You are correct only the following models are compatible with our stand at the moment:

iPad (6th generation 2018)

iPad (5th generation 2017)

iPad Pro 9.7”

iPad Air 2

iPad Air (1st generation 2013)

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 44

I am very confused. I have an Ipad 5th generation Model MR2G2LL/A. My system is not updating o

r working. Is the IPad not compatible or the stand not compatible. What am I suppose to order to upgradg

to upgrade so it will work. Is it stand or Ipad

Message 8 of 44

New to Square and preparing to run Retail program on iPad - with stand.  However Apple in the process of trying to purchase one of that size to fit the stand I learned that Apple has discontinued 9.7" iPad. I am planning my way forward and although starting to search out a used iPad 5 or 6,  I find myself wondering how Square plans to adapt?  Will you be introducing a larger stand? A new 9.7" hardware item to replace the iPad? Please advise.

Message 9 of 44

Hey there!! I moved your question to a thread that has your answers above. If you are ever concerned about an iPad's compatibility, please feel free to check this page: https://squareup.com/compatibility

AshleyK
Message 10 of 44

Square is gonna have to come up with something that will work with newer ipads. Is this in the works??

Message 11 of 44

Thanks for adding your voice here, @DUMBOWellness.

We are always developing improvements and new products to accompany our software. While I can't confirm a timeline on new products to support new iPad devices, you can be sure that we will vocalize any updates to our product offering at a broad scale.

Thanks for being a loyal Square user!

Joe
Message 12 of 44

i purchased the square stand in August. My iPad has broke and Apple no longer offers a 9-7 inch iPad. Square needs to come up with an adjustment for the newer model iPads. This is a waist of money. When will a newer version of the stand be available. 

Message 13 of 44

Hi @Jascustomdesign. Thanks for adding your voice here. 

While we don't have any shareable timeline for when a newer version of our Square Stand will be available, our Product Teams are monitoring threads like these to ensure those who are asking for this will be notified whenever there is news to share. 

In the meantime, if you are looking for a compatible iPad for the current Square Stand - we recommend looking at third-party retailers such as Best Buy, Amazon, or eBay. 

We really appreciate your patience here! Let us know if you have any lingering questions. 

Joe
Message 14 of 44

And by looking at Best Biy, Amazon etc it’s another $300-$400 to buy compatible iPad! I suggest you come up with a new stand before all of us switch companies... cheaper to go with different POS than buy new iPad... dont wanna switch but too expensive, my iPad was just stolen and even insurance will only replace with 10.2” 7th Gen iPad...

Message 15 of 44
Super Seller

You can still buy iPad 6th Generations at many stores for the same price or less than what apple charges.  here is one at best buy and here are refurbished ones at Apple .  

I'm sure Square will be looking at making a new Stand but that takes time and Apple doesn't tell people of the changes that they are going to make.

Message 16 of 44

Thanks for adding these tips, @VanKalkerFarms! You are always coming through with the facts 📈

Joe
Message 17 of 44

I have been to 3 Best Buy’s in my area. Not one 6th gen iPad to be found. Tried to order online. None to be found. I just received my stand yesterday and was so excited to set things up but now I need to send it back. Unacceptable to become obsolete in 24 hrs. ☹️

Message 18 of 44

We ordered one from Apple online. It was shipped within 2 days. Now I have to return my Gen 7. Good thing it was from Costco!

Message 19 of 44

No you cannot. Good luck finding one. I’m sending my stand back.

Message 20 of 44
Super Seller

Message 21 of 44