x

iPhone App Is Using 2.3 GB - Is This Normal?

Hi. I have been using Square for a little while now and am very happy with it.

I have over 200 items in my Item Library that show up on my iPhone as well as the Square site dashboard. All my items have pictures associated with them.

I noticed today that the app is using 2.3 GB of storage/memory which seems unusually high. I used my phone to upload the pics initially throughout the last year but then deleted the originals so they are no longer on my phone's separate photos app. Are all these pics inside the Square app taking up all this storage?

Does anyone know of a way to cut down on this amount of storage? If I delete the app and reload it will it cut down on the amount of storage taken up on the phone since the photos really live in the Square cloud and will only be pulled down when looked at individually? Or will I always be at the mercy of so many items with pics taking up space on my phone?

Help...

Any help is much appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@MABHandmade Welcome come to the Seller Community and congrats on your first post! This is an interesting issue. 🤔

I have never seen the App take up so much space. So lets see if the item images has something to do with it. I recomend checking your Square Dashboard to see that all of the images have been uploaded. If you see the images here then they have uploaded to the cloud. If not, there is a chance they are stored on your device. 

If the item images do appear on the Square Dashboard, you can try deleting the App and reinstalling it. This might free up some space. 

Please reply back so we can work on this together! ✌️

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Best Answer

@MABHandmade Welcome come to the Seller Community and congrats on your first post! This is an interesting issue. 🤔

I have never seen the App take up so much space. So lets see if the item images has something to do with it. I recomend checking your Square Dashboard to see that all of the images have been uploaded. If you see the images here then they have uploaded to the cloud. If not, there is a chance they are stored on your device. 

If the item images do appear on the Square Dashboard, you can try deleting the App and reinstalling it. This might free up some space. 

Please reply back so we can work on this together! ✌️

Message 2 of 3

Hi Chad.

Thanks for the recommendation. Your idea solved the problem!

Message 3 of 3