x

instant transfer button appeared in transactions tab

On September 22, 2021 the instant transfer button appeared under the transaction tab for all employees!  This is a permission set only for admin.  But somehow every employee, regardless of permission level, has the ability to click on the Instant Transfer Button.  I reached out and spoke with someone, but got disconnected and now the "speak with a representative" is "currently unavailable" for the past 3 days.  I've emailed support with no response

My problem, is that on that first day, I had 3 employees see the button, not knowing what it was clicking on it.  It initiated 3 instant transfers which were not authorized, but posted and I was charged for them.  I've used Square for 6 years and have never used instant transfer because of the fees associated.  Employees permissions are expressly set to not allow such access.  When I check permission levels, it states that no one other than admin is allowed access.  This seems to be a glitch, which hasn't been fixed. 

This is on the app on an iPad Square register.

Anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hey @GEBrown1 

Hopefully someone can come around and confirm this or further investigate it.  I feel like this may have been around the same time I noticed that I was only able to instant transfer from my dashboard.  

Like you, There is no reason for me to instant transfer, and i was always shown the 2 options when transferring out from my dashboard.  Now I have to go into Balances>Business>then transfer.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 2